Dear Richard and Members,

I am getting some discussions with the local spring hanger suppliers. I need to know how CAESAR II considers the ancillary weight in the selection of spring hangers.
1. Does CII take the ancillary weight into consideration in the Hanger Report for the nominated spring hanger tables in the setup?
2. If does, how has it been considered without knowing the type of the support? What is its relationship with operating and installed loads in the analysis?
3. If spring hangers are carrying an additional structural members what we should do? I have checked this by adding vertical support force at the same node; It increases the operating load of the hanger, but does not change the installation load at all, why?
I guess that CII does not see this force in the calculation of the installation load of the spring hangers. Is there any way to introduce this force into CII for the calculation of the installation load? Do you thing introducing mass may solve this problem? If so, how can we introduce a mass ( without adding a rigid ) into a static analysis?

Thanks in advance.

Ibrahim Demir
Design Engineer
idemir@cbh.net.au