I've got a rather unusual case. I have an inline pump that has a steam turbine driver. Therefore, the centerline of the turbine is along the Y axis (assuming Y as vertical).

When I go into the NEMA module, the options for turbine centerline are only for X and Z. So, I went back to the model, flipped the special execution parameter to make Z the vertical axis, and reran.

However, when I go back to NEMA and read in the values from the Caesar run, it's still assigning the X, Y, and Z forces and moments based on Y being the up axis, even though the load report from Caesar shows the weight loads on the Z.

If I try checking the box in NEMA to indicate Z axis vertical, the the centerline cosine options change to X and Y instead of X and Z.

I ended up having to keep my Z as the centerline of the turbine, and manually entering the values from the restraint report with my Z axis vertical in order to make the analysis.

This would have been a non issue if you guys had just included Y as one of the centerline cosine options on the NEMA input. Although, I must say it is a bit disturbing that after changing Caesar to give Z as the vertical, the NEMA importer still assigned that value to the Y. I would definitely consider that one to be a bug.

All the world is a Spring