Hello eberyone,
I am doing the stress analysis, of 66" lines going from/to the blower.
the is at designP 0.7 bar @DesignT of 240 C, carbon steel with SS steel cladding, 8mm thickness, fluid is flue gas.the line doesn t have valve, just pipe,three elbows.
Inlet coming from the top vertical vessel to the side nozzle (blower).I am having trouble meeting the NEMA SM 23 requirments (limit 1 & 2) eventhough I put an expansion joint (unversal tied bellows) close to the inlet nozzle (blower)the same axis. I am having the large amount of vertical force +Fy perpenducular to the axis of the nozzle, which creates bending momemt around X Axis. the displacment be absorbed 89.70 mm up (y) and 10mm (Z) Z is the longitidunal axis of nozzle. as i understood the 10mm is axial mouvement, 89.70 is lateral movment, that s why i put unversal bellows, but unfortunalty i didn t work well. Overall thermal growth in Y axis.
I hope you understood the problem.
Do I have to meet the Nema Requirements for blowers?
If yes, shall I consider the from the operating case (W+P+T+D) or maximum loads?

Shall I consider the thrust Force (internalPressure*internal section of pipe). Does Caesar calculate this force.
If yes what would be the suitable bellow to absorb in the delta Z axial movment and in the Y axis the lateral deflection (89.70).
Do I have to consider buckling because of internal pressure and thin wall thickness?
I might be wrong somewhere, I would appreciate if you could advise me,and share your knowledges.
Thanks.
Regards,
Yani