Thanks for all who commented on the post and had queries regarding my competiencies to do the Stress Analysis.

I know what a 3D Beam element is capable of doing in a Stress Analysis (Atleast thats what I am feeling, but some think that I dont know what I am doing) and I also know the limitation of the 3D Beam element. I also know that 3D graphics is just a representation and not what is in reality.

If someone can direct me to some article or literature that caters for SIF values of 45 Tees. I am looking for an article which says that SIF values of 45 Tees should be taken equal to Straight Tees (Except CAESAR II website, Newsletters etc unless it refers to another academic article or book).

If someone doesn't have that reference material and still wishes to help me read through the entire reply why I posted this query on this forum.

For a straight Tee, the SIF values taken (SIFo and SIFi both) should be different than a 45 Tee. Well that is what I am feeling (if someone would like to comment on that, they are welcome to do so). The only reason why I am feeling that is because the hole cut in the header for a straight Tee will be different than 45 Tee and because the Area welded at the junction of a Tee is different I thought (if someone wants to comment on this, they are welcome) that the SIF values should be different. As far as I know (does someone wants to comment on this) ASME B31.3 doesn't cater for 45 Tees and if we put the SIF values for a Straight Tee how much different is the value.

I didnt find a single response stating that a Finite element Analysis should be carried out for a DN1500 header having DN900 branch in a 45 degree Tee. Just because CAESAR II doesn't allow or B31.3 doesn't cater for a 45 Tee doesn't mean world stops there. It also doesn't mean that there is nothing beyond the stated Codes and that we should take what is similar to the given situation (taking SIF of Straight Tee on a 45 Tee) and move on.

I think that most of the users on this forum are having more experience than what I am having and I would like to thank all those who have given me right direction. I am sure that there will be atleast one person who can guide me in the right direction rather than question my competiencies. Everyone should also remember that it is always difficult unless you know the answer. And for a new commer in the field, it is like a black box.

Thanks

Dharmit