Topic Options
#969 - 03/24/03 08:49 PM Materail Input
Tage Offline

Loc: Thailand
Dear all,
If i have to input the material according to British standard(BS).Do I have to compare the material of BS against ASTM firstly? and then input back in the program right? Is there another method?

Thanks a lot

#970 - 03/25/03 03:02 AM Re: Materail Input
Anindya Offline

Loc: India
Why you want to compare BS material with ASTM? That is the material man's job when he selects the material for the particular service.CAESAR II material database( to my knowledge ) does not have materials as per BS specification.So you have only the option of giving manual input to the material properties and the material used in the analysis will be "user defined " and not according to available database.

In your analysis you have the option ( provided in CAESAR ) to use the specific code ( British , American etc.)to perform your analysis as per the job specification.

Regards

Anindya Bhattacharya

Stress Analyst

Bechtel Corporation

#971 - 03/25/03 06:37 AM Re: Materail Input
Tage Offline

Loc: Thailand
Thanks a lot for your suggestion,Anindya,but the owner have specified the pipe spec conforming to BS for his project.As per your opinion, Caesar II has no BS database right? so, what should I do ? Could you advise me how to create the new material database step by step?
Thank you in advance.

#972 - 03/25/03 09:16 AM Re: Materail Input
Anindya Offline

Loc: India
Hello,

Go to MATERIAL DATA BASE option under TOOLS. The method of input is self explanatory. I realise that it is a tedious task. But since your material is as per BS standard, do not go in for searching the ASTM close by as that is technically incorrect, however close they may be.

Go to the relevant BS standrd to get the material properties which you have to input.

Hope this helps.

Anindya Bhattacharya

Stress Analyst

Bechtel Corporation

#973 - 03/25/03 09:17 AM Re: Materail Input
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
You have two options to resolve this material issue:

1) If this will be the only job or project for which you use this material, then manually specify the material properties and allowables in the input. (This is how you used to run CAESAR II prior to Version 3.24 when we introduced the material database.)

2) If this is a situation you will face often in the future, then you should add this material to the CAESAR II material database. This is easy to do using the Material Database Editor, which can be found under the "Tools" menu. Please read the appropriate documentation on this facility before attempting to use it.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics