Dear CAESAR II users,

If you've ever hoped for an easier way to access or manipulate the data within your CAESAR models, please read on.

As a CAESAR II user and part-time programmer, I 'd like to introduce 'Salad', which is intended to address this need.

A Free version, 'Salad Lite', is now available for Public Beta testing. This gives you the ability to

-Perform calculations such as trunnion and local stress checks using data from your model
-Address the CAESAR II material database directly, eg to do a stand-alone wall thickness calc.

Depending on the response to Salad Lite I will go on to complete a full version, which will let you do things like

-Export custom reports to Excel
-Do rotating equipment nozzle checks for all load cases in your model
-Perform custom Code checks
-Check all the trunnions in your model, etc.

Salad works by reading the XML files generated by CAESAR II via the Data Export Wizard. It uses an english-like scripting language, the basics of which you will find very easy to learn.

To read more and download the Beta version of Salad Lite, please visit the link below. If this piques your interest but you don't want to deal with Beta software, or you have an unco-operative I.T. Department, you can still download the Help file and some example scripts.

Regards

Martin Blackman
In capacity as
Managing Director,
Xtrados Pty Ltd

Neither Salad, Salad Lite nor any products from Xtrados are endorsed by or affiliated with COADE in any way. This post was made with kind permission from the forum moderator.

Go to Salad webpage