Topic Options
#76918 - 01/24/23 10:12 PM FATAL ERROR#142
u2_q Offline

Loc: UAE
Hi Guys,
Returning to the forum after a very long time for help regarding error I am currently facing.

Our company just installed Caesar-II 2019 on my Laptop, I was previously using Caesar II 2018.

Whenever I try to open files I receive from my colleagues, I face the Fatal Error # 142.

Caesar-II does show the help regarding the error, but I am unable to understand the solution shown in the help dialog stating:
Simply Invoke the configuration module manually from the present directory, an select the option to return to (Save & Exit].

Request directions on how to invoke the config module.

#76919 - 01/25/23 05:19 AM Re: FATAL ERROR#142 [Re: u2_q]
danb Offline

Loc: ...
I guess it means that once in the main window, to open config file instead to enter the piping input and once in the config file simply save. Then enter into the piping input.

#76925 - 01/25/23 10:05 AM Re: FATAL ERROR#142 [Re: u2_q]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
In order to run properly, CAESAR II needs a configuration file (caesar.cfg). As part of the installation process, a default configuration file is created and stored in the System directory (c:/programdata/intergraph cas/caesarii/11.00/system). Note that CAESAR II 2019 is Version 11.00.

The CAESAR II Configuration Module runs at the end of the installation and this module creates that default caesar.cfg file. The Configuration Module requires (Microsoft) .Net to run. If there are issues with .Net, the Configuration Module won't start and you won't have that default configuration file. This is an issue for your IT group to resolve.

To get you up and running, search your machine for a caesar.cfg file. Once found, copy this to the System directory for 2019 (the location is above). Once you have made the copy, edit this caesar.cfg file with a text editor and change the version number at the top. (If the version number here mismatches with the version of CAESAR II, you'll constantly get warnings from the program.)

As an aside, note that any time you run the Configuration Module AFTER installation, the caesar.cfg file is written to the current data directory. This allows different working (data) directories to be configured differently for different projects. If a specific data directory does not contain a caesar.cfg file, the default from the System directory is used.

You will need to resolve the problem with .Net and the Configuration Module. If I'm right, and the issue is .Net, the Static Load Case Editor won't run either - which means you can't perform an analysis.

If you continue to have issues, open a Support Request on Smart Support and have Technical Support get involved.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics