Hello Everyone,
Hope you are all doing well. I have been working on plant piping so far and mainly concentrated on B31.3 code. I have recently transitioned to analyzing pipeline stress systems and thought of reaching out as I am new to B31.4 / B31.8 and CSA Z662 codes. That being said, I have started reading B31.4 code recently.

I wanted to understand the load cases to be considered for determining stresses and the consideration of restrained and unrestrained piping automatically defined by Caesar which includes AG and UG pipeline. Are there any basic rules of thumb to be considered while using pipeline codes?

Also will Hexagon release a version of Caesar II with AS2885 and AS4041 codes built in, sometime in the future? This would be of immense help for engineers working in Australia. There are clauses in these codes which suggest that B31.4 and B31.3 can be utilized as equivalent, however, I believe there are code stress and allowable stress equations which are not the same (minor changes). It's just that an in-built code in Caesar will make things so much more easier to work on stress systems. Any information in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
Shank