pipingdesignonline.com

Topic Options
#74520 - 03/05/20 06:37 AM How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically
Chill-N Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tennessee
Is there a straightforward way to pull the material and place in the parts list in a separate column?

#74522 - 03/05/20 09:03 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

Loc: JHB South Africa
Can you be more specific ? There are ways to map custom data from the spec/catalog to the isogen material attributes.

It takes some setting up, but works well.

#74524 - 03/05/20 11:06 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
mphipps Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One way I've done it in the past (before custom data) was to have the material in the short description. Then you just add the short description column to the BOM in isogen.

#74525 - 03/06/20 10:07 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Chill-N Offline

Thanks mphipps and Vanman!

Vanman,
By material, I am referring to an abbreviation of the piping system materials used here at our plant whose product is diversified but is mainly directed at the food and pharma industries among others (fossil fuel catalyst production, etc.):

Abbreviations include (not all-inclusive):

316L S.S. = 316L stainless steel
C.S. = carbon steel
GALV. = galvanized steel
HAST. = Hastelloy

Can you suggest an expedient means to set up I-Configure to display the above abbreivations in the parts list?

#74532 - 03/08/20 11:46 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

If you are not using the short description field for anything that would be the quickest and easiest as Mphips suggested.

#74547 - 03/12/20 05:39 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Chill-N Offline

Will do, Vanman!

#75737 - 07/23/21 11:04 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Wil Offline

Loc: Canada
How do you add the short description field? I am having to do this same workaround to get materials into my BOM, but I don't have short-desc as a listed field to add to the material list.

Edit: I found another thread where it was said to use Component-Attribute2 to map to the Short-desc. This worked for me.

Next question,

How on earth am I to know which attributes map to which data? Is there a list out there somewhere that says?

Thanks,

Edited by Wil (07/23/21 11:55 AM)

#75741 - 07/25/21 11:38 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

You can map any custom data to any material attribute. The mapped material attribute has to be listed in your BOM.

#75744 - 07/26/21 08:57 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
Wil Offline

Thanks for the reply!

Would you be able to tell me which file has the component attribute mapping? Or if you know of a tutorial for that field.

Just trying to set up an ISO style from scratch essentially.

Thanks!

#75746 - 07/27/21 07:01 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

Check out these webinars on Custom Data mapping. That being said if all you need is a style, start with one the templates like final basic or final fab and take it from there.

https://connect.hexagonppm.com/CADWorxWe...4091.1590399379

https://connect.hexagonppm.com/CADWorxWe...4091.1590399379

#75773 - 08/04/21 10:56 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
Wil Offline

Thank you!

Using those, I abandoned the CSV style of attribute mapping and went with the newer POD way of doing it, which works fantastic and I'm able to fill out my whole titleblock via an excel spreadsheet.

One last issue I'm trying to resolve...

You have to check off the attributes in the model using ISOGENPROJECTSETUP. They require a default value otherwise the enabled attributes don't stick.

I've been just putting a number to match the attribute number.
Attribute9 = 9 etc.

Problem is, I would like to map all of my attributes to the titleblock, even the ones that aren't in use yet (future revs).

In my excel there's no data for those future revs as I don't require them yet. Since there is no data, Isogen populates the attributes with the default data (the number I assigned to the in ISOGENPROJECTSETUP).

I realize that the workaround to this is supposed to be that you don't map your entire named range in the excel to those future revs.

But my concern down the line is that we will end up with some drawings that are on the 2nd revision, and therefore need the data to be enabled, but other drawings on the first revision still that need them disabled. So running a batch ISO of the whole project wouldn't work in that scenario.

Just wondering if there is a know workaround for this? Is there a value or symbol that I could put in either the spreadsheet, or in the default value under ISOGENPROJECTSETUP that I could place, that the system would ignore and output no data?

Thanks!! I'm so close to having these cased.

#75775 - 08/04/21 11:12 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

I Think since CADworx 2020 and CADWorx 2020 R1 the ISOGENPROJECTDATESETUP is no longer required. This is since they added Project Defaults and made them work with I-configure for CADWorx.

Those webinars I did was on the 2017 Version IIRC, the workflow was different back then.

#75806 - 08/23/21 11:04 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
Wil Offline

You're completely correct, I deleted all the default values and it ran perfectly from my spreadsheet and left the blank cells as blank on the titleblock.

Thanks for your help I have everything up and running as required now!

#76015 - 11/24/21 10:53 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
wakhaiha Offline

Loc: Malaysia
Hi Vanman,

Thank you for the provided webinar link. I am a CADWORX Plant user since version 2016. Up until now, all CADWORX users in our company are manually edit the generated isometric drawing to add process data into the drawing. then we decided to find a way to automated the process and gladly found this post.

I have tried to follow the instruction for POD Graphic Processor Setup (starting from the minutes 13 in Part 2 of provided webinar link). All steps is done except the last step where we want to Mapping PCF Attributes to the DWG backing sheet attributes. In the isogen configuration windows, all Backing Sheet Attributes should be shown in the Backing Sheet Data as per attached screenshot. However, in my isogen configuration, the Backing Sheet Data is empty. there is no Backing Sheet Attributes is shown in this column. Please let me know how to show the attributes in Backing Sheet Data.

p/s: I have added Attributes in the drawing setup tool, however these attributes is not shown in Backing Sheet Data.

Thanks.

Attachments
MAPPING PCF to ISOGEN.jpg

#76018 - 11/25/21 06:15 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

Does your DWG border have attributes defined? I am referring to CAD attributes, ones that you define with the ATTDEF Command inside of AutoCAD or BricsCAD

#76019 - 11/25/21 07:07 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
wakhaiha Offline

Thanks. I see it now. I need to define an attribute block in DWG file first so that the attribute will shown on I-configure. Thanks again helping me out!

#76022 - 11/25/21 10:12 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
wakhaiha Offline

I just tried the ATTDEF and it works. Backing Sheet Attributes is shown in the I-Configure. However the generated iso failed to load content from the excel. Do you mind if you share your sample of PODProcessor.xml, PODProcessorSettings.xml, the excel file, and I-configure isometric directory sample for me to follow? Maybe I have do the wrong step somewhere, but I am not able to trace the error.

Or if you dont mind, I will PM you and share the files that I created to you in case you want to check it. Thanks.

#76023 - 11/25/21 10:49 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

What does the log file say ? This usually has clues to what went wrong.

#76024 - 11/26/21 07:09 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
wakhaiha Offline

Do you mean the debug file that we specify in PODProcessor.xml? set the path of the debug file in same dirrectory with the PODProcessor.xml as shown below:

< GET-EXTERNAL-DATA File="D:\isogen\project1\Final-Cut-List\Data\PODProcessorSettings.xml" LogFile="D:\isogen\project1\Final-Cut-List\Data\Debug.log"/ >

note: I purposely place a space in after "<" and before ">" beca the text wont appeared if I didn't do it

However the debug file not generated during the isometric drawing generation. I have noticed that the the first time I generating the isometric drawing, my antivirus show notification that it scanning the PODGraphicsProcessor.exe, Then it says the file is safe. is it caused the problem?

edit: attached are the files that I used for the setup. Please let me know if there is anything that is incorrect.

Attachments
Data.zip (155 downloads)

Edited by wakhaiha (11/26/21 07:55 AM)
Edit Reason: added setup files used for isogen

#76038 - 11/30/21 09:51 AM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Vanman]
Bigudo Offline

Loc: Italy
This is really useful info! Thank you for sharing, I am planning to give it a closer look this evening when I get to my home. Thanx once again

#76058 - 12/02/21 07:38 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: wakhaiha]
wakhaiha Offline

Originally Posted By: wakhaiha
Do you mean the debug file that we specify in PODProcessor.xml? set the path of the debug file in same dirrectory with the PODProcessor.xml as shown below:

< GET-EXTERNAL-DATA File="D:\isogen\project1\Final-Cut-List\Data\PODProcessorSettings.xml" LogFile="D:\isogen\project1\Final-Cut-List\Data\Debug.log"/ >

note: I purposely place a space in after "<" and before ">" beca the text wont appeared if I didn't do it

However the debug file not generated during the isometric drawing generation. I have noticed that the the first time I generating the isometric drawing, my antivirus show notification that it scanning the PODGraphicsProcessor.exe, Then it says the file is safe. is it caused the problem?

edit: attached are the files that I used for the setup. Please let me know if there is anything that is incorrect.

UPDATE: Sorry for the late update. I have found the source of my problem. I have noticed that "PODGRAPHICS-CONFIG-FILE" is not listed in the generated isogen.FLS file despite I have enabled it in isogen configuration>STYLE>Drawing Manager>Input Files. So I just delete the POD in Input files and re-added it. After that it is worked. Thanks.

#76068 - 12/05/21 11:07 PM Re: How Do I Add a Material Column and Populate Automatically [Re: Chill-N]
Vanman Offline

Glad it is working, only seen these posts now. Been out of action for a couple of days.

Moderator:  Dominik Hepp 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics