Topic Options
#74409 - 02/04/20 11:27 AM CAESAR 2019 Equipment Module Questions (API 610)
Michael_Fletcher Offline

Loc: Louisiana, US
Firstly, I'd like to voice appreciation for the improvement of this module. It's a vast improvement and looks and works great. Of course, though, there's room for improvement.

Allowable Load Multiplier
When inputting an Allowable Load Multiplier greater than 1 (API-610), I note that this modifies the Annex F calculations alone, and the report still indicates failures when comparing against Table 5. The uninitiated understandably fixates on "Failed."

The report needs to be self-sufficient to not require casual users to be intimately familiar with API-610.

Is it possible to update the Table 5 values with the multiplier and indicate that they, too, have been modified by said multiplier? If not, can we at least add a comment stating that these values haven't been modified by the multiplier when the multiplier X isn't equal to 1?

Duplicating Equipment
When duplicating equipment, load cases and imported loads and load combinations don't get carried over. Ideally, when I want to duplicate equipment, I want everything duplicated, and change only the few things that need to be changed. E.G. if I'm comparing 1x API allowable versus 2x API allowable, I only want to change the 1 value and re-run. If it's a duplicate piece of equipment, I want to change the name, the node numbers, and then hit refresh on the loads and re-run.

Data Collection
It's not immediately clear to me why we have to manually input suction node, discharge node, suction dimension, discharge dimension, suction size, discharge size, pump orientation.

Couldn't this all be collected from just 3 node numbers by interrogating the model? I suppose it'd require standardizing modelling practices, but besides that?

#74410 - 02/04/20 02:00 PM Re: CAESAR 2019 Equipment Module Questions (API 610) [Re: Michael_Fletcher]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Michael,

Thank you for your comments. Your suggestions for the load multiplier and duplication are good ideas. As for the data collection idea, this would require the specification of these pump parameters in the piping input. We have discussed this idea in the past - with the idea that the data only has to be defined once, either in piping input or in the equipment module.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics