Topic Options
#73696 - 09/05/19 05:22 AM Synergy between PDS or Intergraph and CAESARII
bag_piper Offline

Loc: India
We receive isometric of any line from piping layout group using PDS or Intergraph, split into number of sheets as pdf files . There are 2 scenarios during analysis-
1. system passes without routing change.
2. There are changes required to be made in route while passing the system in some part of the system.

I want to smartly export support symbols and support node numbers back to these PDF files at least to sheets which did not involve route change , I want to automate that process and not mark manually. Want to make in-house utility which uses CAESARIIs export facility to ACAD ( Not CADWORX , but ACAD , if such a facility is there now . If not, then export to CADWORX) . Also would need to use Bluebeam or some interface with pdf to export support nodes and support symbols from CAD file to pdf sheets. The problem is how CAESARII export facility to ACAD or CADWORX will co-relate itself to the way sheet splitting was done for generating isometric from line modeled in PDS or SP3 D ? How CAESARII can get that info from those split sheets ( pdf files). Is there any way CAESARII can get that info ? Co-ordinates would help ?
Can you throw some light ? That would be a great help.
Regards,
Bagpiper

#73697 - 09/05/19 06:58 AM Re: Synergy between PDS or Intergraph and CAESARII [Re: bag_piper]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Have you tried the Isogen Isometric option? This will include supports, but Isogen controls the splitting of the model into various sheets by default. There is an option where you can indicate splits manually if needed.

What version of CAESAR II are you running?

#73700 - 09/05/19 09:58 PM Re: Synergy between PDS or Intergraph and CAESARII [Re: bag_piper]
bag_piper Offline

Thx- I need to explore it.
My version -CAESARII 2018, Build 180918, 10.00.02.0400

I think already some company , if I am not wrong , Linde Engineering has developed something similar to what I intend to do.My info may be incorrect .
Thanks again.

#73704 - 09/06/19 10:11 AM Re: Synergy between PDS or Intergraph and CAESARII [Re: bag_piper]
Michael_Fletcher Offline

Loc: Louisiana, US
I haven't had much luck with ISOGEN splitting ISOs where indicated.

Unfortunately, we haven't had much success in convincing other disciplines and our clients to use them when they'd rather just pay us to mark things up, which we do in Acrobat.

My expectation would be that you'd have to receive the PDFs, construct your model, and then output your nodes and coordinates, feed it back to the CAD file, script it into the model, and then reconstruct the ISO drawings, which may or may not match the pagination and spacing of the ones you were initially sent.

Thus, you're probably not saving time and effort, except maybe to push it onto the piper.

I'm not suggesting it's not do-able, but it requires much more data transfer than what's currently available.

#73765 - 09/13/19 02:15 AM Re: Synergy between PDS or Intergraph and CAESARII [Re: bag_piper]
bag_piper Offline

Michael has summarized the problem nicely, thanks for the same. But I have heard some EPC contractor overcoming it. And what I understand, it has been done in co-ordination with SP3D development team ? Anybody has inputs ?

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics