pipingdesignonline.com

Topic Options
#71918 - 07/17/18 08:16 AM Cadworx BOM items out of order, not grouped together, Totals
treysoucie Offline

Loc: New England & Houston
Im having a real bear of a time trying to get our ISO's to look good... what would be causing our fittings to be grouped in such a manner that the components themselves would spread all over the place? I looked a the "sort order" and this doesnt appear to affect anything on the Isogen BOM output. Also is there a way to get a "total" count for each identical component? right now i have the components set to not accumulate because we need to add serial #'s and Heat numbers in the shop for each fitting but would be nice if we could get a total under each group of identical components so the fab shop isnt manually adding them up.

Attachments
Capture6.PNG

#71920 - 07/17/18 01:18 PM Re: Cadworx BOM items out of order, not grouped together, Totals [Re: treysoucie]
dgorsman Offline

I suspect it's grouping by spec. Check the PCF, or temporarily add an extra column to the BOM with the spec property. Also check the CADWorx setting to see if ISOGEN is accumulating by DBCode or not; if the former you must have all DBCode values properly set otherwise grouping/accumulation/etc. won't work properly.

If I remember correctly, the ISOGEN release with CADWorx 2018 introduced the ability to ignore grouping by spec.

As far as I know there's no direct way to have the BOM do both accumulated and individual listing (avoiding duplication). You'll have to sacrifice one or the other. Otherwise you'll need to start looking into more complicated options, such as material file output or the POD Graphics Processor (PGP).

Based on all these fabrication related ISOGEN questions, I would recommend you switch to a dedicated spool construction program like SPOOLGEN (which can import PCF files from CADWorx) for your isometrics. They are far better suited for managing this type of information.

Moderator:  Dominik Hepp 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics