Topic Options
#7097 - 02/21/04 03:05 AM Nozzles in PVElite
OwaisNaeem Offline

Loc: Pakistan
Hello guys,

I have recently joined this forum, though I have been using PVElite for the last 7 months. My question is about the modelling of nozzle connections in horizontal vessels.

I am designing a Three phase separator (horizontal pressure vessel). As you know, there are connections for level gauges in different horizontal sections of vessel. Some of these nozzles are on the "Hillside" in such a way that they are parallel to horizontal axis. When modelling the nozzles in PVElite 2004, the nozzles are shown in vertical direction only, no matter what I do to change their orientation. It seems like if this is a bug or something in the new version.

Have anyone of you come across such a situation? If so, how did you reslove this problem ?

Waiting for the replies.
owais_naeem@yahoo.com

#7098 - 02/21/04 09:52 AM Re: Nozzles in PVElite
Ray_Delaforce Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Hello Syed, welcome to the forum.

In the latest version of PVElite (version 2004), we have added a new 'button' to the nozzle dialogue screen. Look for a button labelled 'Layout'. If you click on this button, you should be able to install a hillside nozzle easily. In the Layout screen (once it opens), there is a help button at the bottom. If you click on that help button, the full instructions for installing hillside and radial nozzles is explained in the pop-up help screen.

You might find it convenient to do a little experimentation to get the hang of this new feature, but it (we feel) should make life a little easier than the older method of installing hillside nozzles. The new method is much more versatile.

Thank you for your question, and interest.
Hexagon PPM

#7099 - 03/09/04 02:02 AM Re: Nozzles in PVElite
al k Offline

Loc: DP in CA, Great White North
i found clicking the LAYOUT button crashed the prgrm.
if you want to put axial hillside noz in head I found putting in the same value for the field
"offset fr elem ctrline" as
"Hillside offset Dim L" got the desired result.
In the shell you have to work out the angle the shell lies tgt to the vessel. Its a bit more work.
The help is especially bad here.

#7100 - 03/09/04 07:15 AM Re: Nozzles in PVElite
Ray_Delaforce Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Hello Al, thank you for your question.

I am afraid there is a small gremlin in the programme. In the latest build which will be posted very shortly, it has been fixed. If anyone is using metric units (mm for example), there is another small bug there also. Metric units are interpreted internally as inches, which causes another internal error.

Just hang in there if you can, and the fix will be in your hands very soon.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but the solution will soon be on its way.
Hexagon PPM

#7101 - 03/09/04 08:48 AM Re: Nozzles in PVElite
Mandeep Singh Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx, USA
Dear Al,

Please send your model to techsupport@coade.com we will check it.
Hexagon PPM

Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics