Topic Options
#69992 - 09/20/17 02:22 AM Time History - Force FRC file from Pipenet & Interpretation
pktmurugan Offline

Loc: INDIA
Dear All,

As per Pipenet, the force output should be refereed in to Node for the Leg. In addition, the positive force in the flow direction and negative force is opposite to flow direction. Which means we have to develop the caesar input as per below;

1. 2 Leg name (example: Leg1X, Leg1Z) in Time history Definition Tab

2. The FRC files proivde by process (positive& negative in the same node/leg) has to be further split into 2 separate FRC file (one for X dirction and another one for Z direction).

3. Same Node 2 times with different dirction (this case X,Z) in Force Set Tab. In addition, the foce set will be 1 (for X direction) & 2 (for Z direction).

4. Same applies for Time History load cases Tab.

5. Directional sign has to be matched with respect to Caesar II axis and pipenet output sign.

in my understanding, many of us follows the FRC output (Leg) in to one node without split the force (positive & negative) with respect to the axis.

please share your views.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
pktmurugan

#70007 - 09/21/17 12:02 AM Re: Time History - Force FRC file from Pipenet & Interpretation [Re: pktmurugan]
pktmurugan Offline

Dear All,

Any view?

Thanks.

Regards,
pktmurugan

#70022 - 09/22/17 10:29 AM Re: Time History - Force FRC file from Pipenet & Interpretation [Re: pktmurugan]
Dave Diehl Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
I am concerned that you are referencing the .FRC file AND time history analysis in CAESAR II.
The .FRC file provides time history data to CAESAR II which is then converted (in CAESAR II) to a force response spectrum. That force response spectrum is intended for response spectrum analysis, not time history analysis. Unfortunately, this force response spectrum data format is similar to the time history format. The program will improperly interpret your force response spectrum data as time history data if you present it so. Do not do this.
Check your dynamic input!

#70043 - 09/26/17 07:09 AM Re: Time History - Force FRC file from Pipenet & Interpretation [Re: Dave Diehl]
pktmurugan Offline

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your response.

i am not converting the .FRC file to force response spectrum. i have followed the method mention in time history webinar. refer attachment for the procedure followed in my analysis (same as attachment).i have used only the .FRC to convert as force response spectrum to find the frequency cut-off not for the analysis ( i have done this separately for all the leg. hence i am using the .FRC file parameters (time vs force) in the analysis).

considering the above, please check my query and provide your views.

Thanks and Regards,
pktmurugan

Attachments
TimeHistoryAnalysis-Input.docx (384 downloads)

#70073 - 09/29/17 12:24 PM Re: Time History - Force FRC file from Pipenet & Interpretation [Re: pktmurugan]
Dave Diehl Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
It appears that you are properly using that .FRC to build your time history.
I wonder about your assigning a single .FRC file to two directions (elbow in and elbow out). I believe these .FRC files develop the leg imbalance as {[(P-upstream) - (P-downstream)] * (Inside Area)}. The leg is the straight run between two elbows, often termed the elbow-elbow pair on this Forum. It appears that you are assuming that the time history contains the pressure load on each elbow and that you must properly enter and orient these so that the imbalances are generated during the analysis.

#72994 - 03/11/19 08:38 AM Re: Time History - Force FRC file from Pipenet & Interpretation [Re: pktmurugan]
Pradyot Mahata Offline

Loc: India
Hello, Could you please guide me in using the .frc data i.e pipenet output with almost 600000 lines( .002 seconds of time increment).

I want to use in time history analysis for a piping system conencted to pump.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics