Hello all,

I am trying to design the bolted blind cover/ flange with a 2" nozzle attached to it per UG-34 in PV Elite and have a couple of questions:
Design data:
415 psi P @ 400 degF
Alloy 20 plate flange (SB-473) to be bolted to a 3" std 300# flange per ASME B16.5
Question #1)
I did not find any option of adding this plate flange with a hole for 2" nozzle in the center in the nozzle input field. I tried to add a standard nozzle+3" flange and then add an ANSI/ bolted flange to this standard nozzle+std flange combination, but I was unable to do so either. Am I missing something or PV Elite doesn't support this?
Question #2)
Being unable to do per #1 above, I added a standard 3" ANSI/ bolted blind flange to a cylinder. I then added another ANSI/ bolted flange as a blind flangeand manually input the values to match the mating 3" std flange. I then checked the "Evaluate Uniform Patterned Hole' option and entered the OD of the 2"nozzle.
When I ran the calcs, I got min required thickness at the center to be 1.362 inches. But when I hand-calculated the thickness using formula UG-34(c)(2)(2), with doubling the value under the square root sign per UG-39(d)(2), I got the value of 1.02 inch.
Why is PV Elite giving a higher thickness value?

Can somebody throw some light on this?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,