Topic Options
#65687 - 02/26/16 02:45 PM Showing Node Numbers/ Node Names for plotting 'node map.'
SBoggess Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi,
I've finished up a decently large analysis for a client, and we usually plot out an image of the overall model, and then more close up images with node numbers at the restraints and hangers, as we reference them in reports that we put together for the client.

The issue I'm having is that this particular new system is fit between two old systems, which I was required to model for proper analysis. It's nearly impossible to get a good view of the new piping system with the existing piping in the way - So I go into line numbers, select the existing piping, give them a designation, and hide them, leaving only the new piping in view.

Unfortunately, when I turn off the view of the existing lines, and select to show node numbers at hangers, anchors, restraints - I also see all the node numbers for the existing piping. There are enough supports on the existing lines to really make these images too busy to be useful as a node map. I can select "All" node numbers, and it will show all the nodes on the new piping and none on the existing...

I tried using node names as a workaround - I went through and named all of the nodes I wished to see, I just named them their respective node numbers - but they don't show up at all when I hit 'names only.'

Is there something I'm missing?
Scott

#65709 - 02/29/16 09:35 AM Re: Showing Node Numbers/ Node Names for plotting 'node map.' [Re: SBoggess]
SBoggess Offline

Loc: Michigan
I ended up using the redaction feature of adobe to remove the majority of the extra node numbers, but since some were overlapping my lines, I couldn't eliminate them entirely.
I believe that I've been able to show hanger, anchor, restraint nodes on just the shown 'numbered lines' in the past. So it may have been some setting I changed even, but I can't find it or figure it out.

#65721 - 03/01/16 08:36 AM Re: Showing Node Numbers/ Node Names for plotting 'node map.' [Re: SBoggess]
john_brindley Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
Hi Scott,

The issue you've reported has been confirmed and added to the development queue. The issue has been scheduled to be fixed and should appear in the next version (v9 - 2017).

As a workaround, save a secondary version of your file and delete the lines you wish to hide entirely, then plot the model.

Cheers,
John Brindley
ICAS-Support Engineer

#65761 - 03/03/16 02:08 PM Re: Showing Node Numbers/ Node Names for plotting 'node map.' [Re: SBoggess]
MechEngr Offline

Loc: CA
SBoggess:
"I tried using node names as a workaround - I went through and named all of the nodes I wished to see, I just named them their respective node numbers - but they don't show up at all when I hit 'names only.'"

For above problem, first select the "all" under show restraints number then select "names only". It is necessary for "all" the restraint numbers to be visible for "names only" to work for some reason. It will not work if you have either none of restraint numbers shown or some of the restraint numbers shown.

Edited by MechEngr (03/03/16 02:09 PM)

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics