Topic Options
#6455 - 08/31/06 08:59 AM V5.0 Wishlists
SLH Offline

Loc: Edmonton
I would like to see

1. Intelligent filters (show me displacement at all nodes with supports or spring hangers for example).

2. The ability to use filters selectively on reports (eg do a displacement reports for each of the above in the same output - so filter associated with individual report rather than all the output).

Shannon

#6456 - 08/31/06 09:03 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
We are currently discussing additional filtering capabilities. Filter enhancements won't make it into Version 5.10, but we should be able to extend the filtering for Version 5.20.

#6457 - 10/08/06 11:34 PM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
W.John Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi,
Can we have a "Book-mark" option in the input mode ? Sometimes when we are checking or updating a big model, and suddenly we have to close the file for some other work, we can book-mark the element where we were working so that it becomes easier to return to the same element later.
Regards,
John Wright

#6458 - 10/09/06 10:23 PM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
Dnyanesh Offline

Loc: India/Germany
Hello,
It would be helpful if we can see two results e.g restraint summary in window1 and displacement report in window2 at the same time. This was possible in earlier versions of C5, and it was time saving feature.

#6459 - 10/10/06 10:37 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
Nadia Strikovski Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
TO: Dnyanesh
Restraint Summary Extended report will give you both loads and displacements at each support node.
In addition, you can create a custom report (Options -> Custom Repots -> New or Edit) and include any fields in any order to meet your needs.

#6460 - 10/10/06 11:21 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
SLH Offline

One more item, can't remember if I've put this one in yet or not, so apologies if it's a repeat.

Ability to check (alt-D) distances between two nodes including ones in attached files.

Currently seems to only be able to find nodes in the current file.

-Shannon

#6461 - 10/11/06 02:52 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
Dnyanesh Offline

Loc: India/Germany
Hello Nadia, Thanks.
Indeed I know 'Restraint Summary Extended report will give you both loads and displacements' but only at support points. Where as at the same time when I want to see the displacement at near-by node (which is not restraint), I have to close this window and open displacement report for that. It is more time consuming in large size model to switch between reports, and again going to your previous node.
I have not yet tried customise report option. If it gives this facility, to see restraint summary extended and case specific displacement report of non restraint nodes, at the same time on screen, it will solve my purpose.

#6462 - 10/11/06 07:11 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
SUPERPIPER Offline

Loc: Europe
how about a lash-it-in button.

#6463 - 10/11/06 11:29 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
Richard Ay Offline

Dnyanesh

- Version 5.10 will let you flip (pretty much instantly) between different reports. This will be possible because all the (selected) reports will be generated at once and available for viewing via "tabs".

- Be careful with that custom report. Yes you can do this, but the report will likely be too wide to print on a single page (just like trying to print too many Excel columns).

Shannon

- Nodal distances between nodes in attached files would be difficult to do and most likely wrong. Coordinates may or may not be set in the files, and the connectivity between the jobs could be governed by CNODES instead. At this moment, I don't see a way to accomplish this.

John

- The bookmark idea is interesting. Can you tell me why this would be more useful/better than just searching for the node?

#6464 - 10/11/06 11:42 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
SLH Offline

Hmm, I'm probably oversimplifying... but it seems to me that if you can plot it in hoops, and the error checking can figure it out, that information MUST be available somewhere. (though you'd have to trust the error checker as well). I like to work with mulitple files (simplifies checking) and my #1 checking method is distances from key points...

Ah well... off to mope in my coffee (grin). Thanks for the reply

-Shannon

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Ay:
(snip) Shannon

- Nodal distances between nodes in attached files would be difficult to do and most likely wrong. Coordinates may or may not be set in the files, and the connectivity between the jobs could be governed by CNODES instead. At this moment, I don't see a way to accomplish this.
(snip)

#6465 - 10/13/06 04:02 PM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
somnathbasu Offline

Loc: Edmonton/AB
VIEWING OUTPUT REPORTS IN 5.0

We have just got bulid 061005 installed, but the time required for 'view reports' has not improved.

1. If you want to see 'output' of a file previously run, "report progress" window pops up it keeps you waiting....

2.Once you select the load cases and the report you want to see and click on view reports button... "report progress" window pops up again and it keeps you waiting....with a msg. 'updating report templates'...

Both of the above operations take no time and happen instantly in version 4.5; all of our users are unhappy about this delay in displaying output in case of Caesar 5.0

#6466 - 10/14/06 05:43 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
Richard Ay Offline

No, No, No. That delay and the update of the Templates is supposed to happen only once per Build (and then only if we change something). This indicates that you don't have sufficient "rights" to the /caesar/system directory where the templates are stored. You must have FULL rights here.

I wish you had posted this in a new thread, this one is for suggestions for 5.10 and 5.20.

#6467 - 10/17/06 01:32 AM Re: V5.0 Wishlists
W.John Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Richard,
Sorry for the late reply. The bookmark option will be useful when we are checking a model and suddenly we have to interrupt and open another model or close for the day. When we come back to the original model next time, it is difficult to go back to the last node or element which was checked, particularly if we come back after a day or two. Similarly in an existing large model, we are adding some elements in the middle of the model i.e. not towards the end, then in a similar situation we can come back to the element where we had left. I hope I am making myself clear.
Regards,
John Wright

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics