Topic Options
#60772 - 10/14/14 04:24 AM Distance Calculator
SND Offline

Loc: SINGAPORE
Dear Friends, Richard and Dave,

We are using CAESAR II 2014, VER 7.00.00 2800 (BUILD 140416)

While using "Distance Calculator" to measure distance from one node to other node, its very good facility is provided in new version.
Thanks,

However, once we finished the measuring distance, still the "arrow is to measuring distance" will continue, not able to close.

Until, I will close the CAESAR Input spreadsheet, again open than only closing.

Do I need some set up in Configure set up ?

The command is continue open, not able to finish. We had tried various CAESAR Files in other PCs also, but same problem.
Can you please help us ?

Regards
SND

#60776 - 10/14/14 08:19 AM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: SND]
Vannella Offline

Loc: IT
Good afternoon, just press on the "Standard Operators" toolbar the "Select element" button.
The distance calculator function was available in previous versions of Caesar II. You can recall it by entering Alt + D.

Corrado Vannella
www.vannella.com

#60779 - 10/14/14 10:10 AM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: SND]
Mandeep Singh Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx, USA
Thanks SND for your feedback. thanks Vannella for answering it.

The new distance feature can also work minimized, so if you close the distance dialog, you can keep measuring distance and get the distance in the status bar.

So, it is like an operator which is turned on, to turn it off, you have to click on some other operator such as rotate, pan or select element.

May be we can add an option in the distance dialog to keep it active or not after closing the distance dialog???

what do you all think?
Hexagon PPM

#60786 - 10/14/14 06:13 PM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: SND]
SND Offline

Loc: SINGAPORE
Dear Mandeep san and Vannella san,

I am deeply thanks to provide your promt help.

We had faced this concern, since long time while started Ver 7.0, unfortunately, we did not ask early in this forum.We had got frustation every time to close / open a CAESAR II file.

Thanks a lot.

Vannella san :

I believe, the new version has much better facility than previous version.I agreed previously versions also had the functions.

Mandeep san, your suggestion is very good.

We can add an option to active on or off.

Please share other experts your opinion, if you like to add option.

Regards
SND.

#63757 - 07/24/15 12:49 PM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: SND]
Michael_Fletcher Offline

Loc: Louisiana, US
Sorry to ressurect this thread from the grave, but I figured it was better than starting a new thread on the same topic.

I'm in the situation where I have to use CAESAR to do a significant amount of pipe routing.

That the measurement tool isn't persistant, and that it interferes with the ability to double-click activate an element is definitely slowing progress.

I would suggest the following improvements:
•Make it persistent when the tack icon is down-facing.
•If it can't "watch" the distance of the two last node numbers, then maybe we can at least keep the node numbers persistent in the nodes boxes, so we can just hit "Calculate" again.

(On a side note of modeling)
•I seem to recall a "slide" utility, but can't find it. I also seem to recall it only worked with the mouse, thus making it frustrating to use. I would suggest bringing it back, but require the user to specify in a text box how far to slide a node, and which direction.

Thanks for reading.

#63759 - 07/26/15 12:29 PM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: SND]
Mandeep Singh Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx, USA
Michael,

If you are use CAESAR II 2014 (7.0) then you can make the distance tool persistent. You can minimize the dialog and keep measuring and the distances will be shown on the bottom of the screen.

Based on user feedback, more improvements are coming in 2016 (V8).

For my own understanding, are you requesting to show last 2 measurements, like on the distance dialog it self. Do you need that to compare distance between similar legs? or there is some other scenario.
Hexagon PPM

#63778 - 07/28/15 08:47 AM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: Michael_Fletcher]
Dave Diehl Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
I think this is the input tool you are looking for.

Attachments
edit mode.png

#63779 - 07/28/15 08:52 AM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: Michael_Fletcher]
Dave Diehl Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Regarding the Distance tool - I got in the habit of clicking on the Select Element button to turn off that Distance command.

Attachments
edit mode.png

#63780 - 07/28/15 09:33 AM Re: Distance Calculator [Re: SND]
Michael_Fletcher Offline

Loc: Louisiana, US
Ah - it's right under my nose (where I leave everything else). Thanks for that. Ideally, I'd like to just type in the number, As-is, it seems difficult to select a desired distance.

Regarding the distance log, issue, now knowing (or being reminded) that the distance appears at the bottom of screen is good enough for me. If the distance window were augmented with a distance log, I wouldn't complain, but the expectation for it to remain persistant would be there. But I understand the challenge with changing/expanding a UI that's already well established.

A pleasure as always.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics