Topic Options
#6111 - 07/26/06 02:20 AM i need help to complete my project
krishcad Offline

Loc: (chennai) india
hai friends . i am new to this caesar software.
i want some piping examples to study.
if anybody having the details relared to piping please foward me . what are the best tutorials to lern the power plant piping?
i am so thankfull if u provide me the details.
please friends help me. thanking you
krish

#6112 - 07/26/06 08:12 AM Re: i need help to complete my project
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Check this "Reference Page" , on our site. I'd suggest the text by Charles Becht. This will give you an excellent overview of the entire concept.

#6113 - 07/26/06 12:55 PM Re: i need help to complete my project
John Breen Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA (& Texas)
Hi Krish,

You are lucky to be entering the piping engineering science now because there is SOOOOOOO much help available to you.

The Caesar II manuals are very good at providing examples. Read all of them. You will not remember everything so just try to remember where you saw the examples. You can always go back later and read them again.

You should download and print all the COADE Mechanical Engineering News newsletters (put them in a binder as a reference). Go here:

http://www.coade.com/company_newsletter.asp

Then read them all at least three times. If you find something there that you don't understand try to figure it out yourself. If after an honest effort you still do not understand use the search function of this board to find previously asked questions and answers about the issue that is confusing you. You may use the search function provided by this board to search for further discussion of your question. Look at the top of the page and find the "Post a Poll" button. Just below it you will see the "search" hypertext. If you "click" on the "search" hypertext, it will take you to the page that will allow you to search previous postings by "keyword". For example, you will find that there have been questions in the past about the most useful piping engineering texts to read. You can search this forum and find the opinions of many senior piping engineers regarding the best books to read.

THEN after you have tried all of the above to find answers to your questions (and only then) come back here and ask some very specific and very unambiguously worded questions.

Also, I would ask you to look at my posting here:
http://www.coade.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001336

as you might find some more useful references for filling in the "background" of piping stress analysis.

Thank you (Wow, I sure am getting a lot of "milage" out of that posting!!!)

Regards, John.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics