Topic Options
#13992 - 10/29/07 05:32 AM ISOGEN Crash on 5.1
Jouko Offline

If you get program crash after clicking "green button" Generate Stress ISO check your first element. If I have restraint in either of the nodes for the first element I have crash. If I move the restraint to second element first node I have no problems.

COADE will be investigating this but if somebody has had similar issue please report.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14025 - 10/30/07 08:00 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Jouko Offline

This error seems to be software clash somewhere. COADE is unable to repeat the error. Error was not there with 5.0.

If there are any users who have same problem please report. Also let us know if you do not get this error and you have installed CADWorx Pro, ISOGEN and or CAESAR II 5.0 on the same computer. First suspects are programs which have some ISOGEN elements.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14032 - 10/30/07 08:37 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Shawn Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Just as you tested it, if you just install CAESAR 5.10 on a clean computer(no isogen dlls installed), the isogen works fine. If you have CAEASR 5.00 installed, CAESAR 5.10 should still work. I am not quite sure about CADWorx. Every machines are different. For the one which is not working, you can use on-line interactive help, I will check it and try to fix this problem.

Regards,

Shawn
COADE, Inc.

#14035 - 10/30/07 10:07 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Shawn]
Jouko Offline

Interactive did not work. No solution :-( We tried.

CadWorx is COADE product, which is promoted as working with CAESAR II. Not tested on same computer yet? I recommend you test various versions of CadWorx installed on your test machine. There are differences with ISOGEN.

I agree every machine is different. This is the reason I asked reporting on this issue.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14052 - 10/31/07 06:23 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Jouko Offline

Reason for the crash is still unknown. Here is step by step work around for this specific problem:
- Split the first element. Give 0.1 mm length for the new first element. Short element tricks ISOGEN not to draw extra line. 1 mm long would draw.
- Move restraint to second element first node. This means that the restraint is 0.1 mm from the original position
- To show restraint node number you can still keep it in the original first node if you do not recalculate. On a drawing node number seems to be connected to the restraint

Generate stress ISO. Should work.

Alternatively if you have this issue you can try building the model with that 0.1 mm long element. Just do not put any restraints into the first element.

smile

P.S. Drawings look substantially better than 5.0 version

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14055 - 10/31/07 07:13 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
The manner in which software including OS create and use dlls' has and will continue to be problematic.

Everybody thinks that their dll is critical and step all over each other constantly... this problem sounds akin to that and the root cause may have no connection with COADE per se. It sounds like ALIAS (Isogen) and Autocad are creating the root cause, if so there is probably little that can be done by anybody!

John C. Luf

#14056 - 10/31/07 08:09 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: John C. Luf]
Jouko Offline

Could be. Very difficult to trace where the problem is if the developer cannot repeat the error.

Found second similar problem. If there is even 0 uniform load entry on the first element no ISO but a crash. Looks like first element is a problem.

Updates are coming. First for download is available.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14432 - 11/20/07 12:38 PM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Goodsalt Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I'm running CII version 5.00.7 build 070122 and the C2Isogen keeps crashing. I click on create isometric, pick default style, and get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error that says: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Clicking OK to dismiss this box then results in another error - C2Isogen Application error that states: "The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015)occcured in the application at location 0x781346b6." Notwithstanding the redundant nature of the second message - I see from previous posts that these type problems with C2Isogen may be pretty intractable, but if anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it. By the way, I've tried this on a number of CII models - they all behave the same way.

#14434 - 11/20/07 01:19 PM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Goodsalt]
Shawn Offline

Hi Goodsalt,

I need to check your machine in order to find out what is going wrong?

Regards,

Shawn Zhong
COADE, Inc.
281 890 4566

#14435 - 11/20/07 01:46 PM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Shawn]
Shawn Offline

Hi Goodsalt,

Call me if you have time, I will try to fix that problem.

Shawn

#14441 - 11/21/07 06:58 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Goodsalt]
Jouko Offline

If you have 5.1 installed on the same computer I do not expect you to get 5.0 Isogen to work. Up to now only the following combinations work:

- 5.0 on its own
- 5.1 works if 5.0 is installed first and not removed (but not on all computers)

5.1 isogen will not work on its own. If you install 5.0 then 5.1 and then remove 5.0 Isogen doesn't work anymore. Removal of 5.0 can also break some other programs. If you installed first 5.1 you have to install 5.0 and then repair 5.1 installation.

In summary you cannot uninstall 5.0 ever.

A bit of a mess.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14444 - 11/21/07 09:29 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.

John C. Luf

#59765 - 07/21/14 08:15 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
insanitis Offline

Loc: morocco
hello everyone ,
i have the same problem of Goodsalt:
m running CII version 5.00.7 build 070122 and the C2Isogen keeps crashing. I click on create isometric, pick default style, and get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error that says: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Clicking OK to dismiss this box then results in another error - C2Isogen Application error that states: "The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015)occcured in the application at location 0x781346b6." Notwithstanding the redundant nature of the second message - I see from previous posts that these type problems with C2Isogen may be pretty intractable, but if anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it. By the way, I've tried this on a number of CII models - they all behave the same way.
but i didn't have this prob until now.

#59768 - 07/21/14 10:32 AM Re: ISOGEN Crash on 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Dominik Hepp Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Hi:

Please note that significant changes have been made to optimize the CAESAR II ISOGEN interface since version 5.00, notably versions 05.31 and after.

I'm suspecting the error may result from an ISOGEN DLL conflict, since you indicate not having any problems until recently. You may have installed or made changes/updates to other software which uses shared ISOGEN DLLs, affecting the ISOGEN functionality for older CAESAR II versions.

To eliminate most issues associated with possible DLL conflicts, you will need to install a standalone version of I-Configure (I-Configure2909) available on Intergraph SmartSupport under “Download Software Updates > Products > CAESAR II > Service Packs and Fixes”. If you are running Windows 7, make sure that the I-Configure2909.exe compatibility mode is set to Windows XP as per the ReadMe instructions posted alongside the I-Configure download. If prompted to overwrite any existing I-Configure files during the installation, please make sure to do so.

Non-US customers will need to contact their reseller to obtain access to the SmartSupport downloads.

Once the above install is complete, if the issue persists, it may be due to a DLL version conflicts between the ProjectManager.dll file version located in the CAESAR II installation folder and the ProjectManager.dll file located in the I-Configure “Common Files” folder (“C:\Program Files\Common Files\Alias\” on 32-bit machines or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Alias\” on 64-bit machines ). Should you find that the version of these two ProjectManager.dll file copies does not match, then you can copy the latest version of ProjectManager.dll found to both locations and run the isometric generation process again to verify results.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics