Topic Options
#5879 - 07/04/06 10:38 AM how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
sam Offline

Loc: Maharastra, India
Happy Independence Day To All our American forum members & M/S Coade.

I am not sure whether the above issue is directly related to software, but surely related to the people who use the same like Caesar-II.

From the wise among us if we get some practical tips they follow, the health, productivity and product quality of piping stress analysts can improve.

regards,

sam

PS- Although everyone known thinks me the opposite of wise, I am contributing one myself -

Respect Others' Space - Let us just perform not outperform - Let Every Stakeholder Win!

#5880 - 07/05/06 08:04 AM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Keep a cool tool... at all times

John C. Luf

#5881 - 07/06/06 12:12 PM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
John Breen Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA (& Texas)
Hello Sam,

Sam said:

“Although everyone known thinks me the opposite of wise…..”

Not so. Who is a wise person? It could be said that a “wise person” is one who is willing to go into the community and “listen” to the wisdom of others while sharing his own wisdom. We each have our own wisdom, the willingness to share it is the gift we bring to the community. Consider this; when you ask a question you are motivating the experienced mentors to “stretch” a little to refresh their memory and to “stretch” a little more to communicate their thoughts (to form a respectful answer). These “stretching exercises” are beneficial to those mentors who choose to participate (even when they do not recognize the benefit). Those who choose to “stretch” are appreciated and respected. Those who ask should be equally appreciated and respected. There are many who come here and read but who are too shy to ask.

Discussion forums are all about each of us sharing our personal wisdom. This forum brings together people of many diverse cultures all of whom should contribute to the collective wisdom of our community in their own ways. This forum primarily focuses upon specific issues in pressure technology (the main course of the meal). Sometimes Sam addresses the staid technical issues with a sprinkling of philosophy (the salt and pepper).

Sam, thank you for your gift of sharing your point of view. Aapka swagat hai.

#5882 - 07/06/06 08:20 PM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
And keep a cool tool....

John C. Luf

#5883 - 07/07/06 11:02 PM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
shriram Offline

Loc: India
Can anybody tell me how to check stressres calculated by CAESAR II

#5884 - 07/08/06 03:06 AM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
anindya stress Offline

Loc: London, UK
Shriram,

Pl. read my response to your earlier question.

In case you have not read it, I will summarize my view : develop the minimum credentials required for doing stress analysis, else do something else.

Regards

#5885 - 07/08/06 03:15 AM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
G P SenthilKumar Offline

Loc: chennai
And keep silent phisically and mentally just few minutes during working time.

regards

#5886 - 07/08/06 03:15 AM Re: how to reduce stress in piping stress analysts' lives
sam Offline

Loc: Maharastra, India
Dear Sriram,

If you want to verify, purchase the "QA Manual" from M/s Coade, run verification problems from CD in Caesar-II & check the same yourself.

It is a QA validation exercise, which every organisation does in own way with a set of validation piping stress problems with answers available by analytical means or other validated FEA softwares.

regards,

sam

PS- Why I raised the issue of other 'stress' is that, Caesar- II being an analytical tool, can provide many good-enough solutions instead of the very best we often seek. Within the constraints of time & human resources available, if we have a positive focus to life, anger can't overpower us like it did to England Striker Ronney in World Cup Quarter Final & we can solve our technical problems easily. Many a time our obsession with winning over others create stress in all of us.

I wish there could be grades in World Cup only, instead of First, Second, Third like our university examinations !

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics