Topic Options
#5005 - 03/02/06 08:32 AM About ISOGEN
Twing Offline

Loc: China
Isogen is an useful tool to reflect our system.But when we use it generate ISO drawing,there are something wrong.Our system is by ver4.50,we did dynamic analysis for this system,so there are many short pipes in our model.There is long time to generate Iso drawing by ISOGEN,and the drawing don't reflect our model properly.There are some note "there is unconnective.....".but there is no any trouble in ver4.50,so maybe when the system is large,Isogen will make mistakes.
Another question is :I have changed the elevition of pipe in model,but Isogen still use first node as zero meter.
Thanks for your attention!
Regards!

#5006 - 03/02/06 08:33 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Please elaborate on how you are using ISOGEN with Version 4.50?

#5007 - 03/02/06 08:38 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Twing Offline

No,we use 5.0 open the model of ver4.50,and run static and dynamic then ISOGEN.

#5008 - 03/02/06 08:47 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Richard Ay Offline

Ok, that is fine.

ISOGEN "assumes" the model can be built. So, in CAESAR II you can abruptly change from a 12" std pipe to an 8" std pipe. However, if you try to send this model to ISOGEN, it will report an error and may or may not give you a drawing.

This is the first version of this export facility, there could be some "hand-shaking" issues to resolve. Can you send me this model - the ".CAESAR II" file should be sufficient. Send it to "ray at coade.com".

#5009 - 03/03/06 05:35 PM Re: About ISOGEN
richwang Offline

Loc: Beijing China
For StressISO by ISOGEN, I tried almost all jobs provided by our CII end user to us for help. 99% success. I have a few suggestions to you:
1.get a new style defined, and select A0 size as drawing border.
2.for complicated pipeline network, tried to run Isogen without any annotation as a start, if it works, then tried to have input annotation in one drawing, and output annotation in another drawing. if you get too much content, ISOGEN maybe failed to work.
3.all your job's name must be english without space, this is very important for Chinese Windows user.
4.if you still fail, as Richard AY suggestions, send you job to us for a check.

#5010 - 03/04/06 08:39 PM Re: About ISOGEN
Twing Offline

Richard Wang,Thanks for your reply.
We have tried your suggestion 1~3,but all failed.Maybe COADE should do more test about too much content.By the way,we have defined the elevation of pipe in CEASAR,but after put this model into ISOGEN,the zero meter will be the first node,so all the elevation in ISO drawing generated by ISOGEN will be wrong.
Best regards!

#5011 - 03/05/06 10:41 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Richard Ay Offline

Re-read my post above:

Quote:
ISOGEN "assumes" the model can be built.
This means that ISOGEN assumes the model was built to a CAD specification, which CAESAR II models are not.

Quote:
This is the first version of this export facility, there could be some "hand-shaking" issues to resolve.
This means that when you try and interface two different technologies, based on different needs and criteria, sooner or later you will find something that doesn't work. No amount of testing will avoid this. Sooner or later it isn't going to work.

#5012 - 03/06/06 09:54 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Twing Offline

Dear Richard Ay:
ISOGEN is an useful tools foe us firstly.but my model is not too big,it is only main steam pipe and cold reheat pipe,all contents are not more than 1000.We got the ISO drawing,but it's wrong.If our contents are more than ISOGEN's requirement,why not alarm?It's only my suggestion to ISOGEN,we want ISOGEN will be better.
Best regards!

#5013 - 03/06/06 06:26 PM Re: About ISOGEN
Richard Ay Offline

We are looking at your job file, and will get back to you as soon as we know something definite.

#5014 - 03/10/06 12:11 PM Re: About ISOGEN
prhawco Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia
This is not a push button feature - you will have to do some research and educating if you want to use this properly.

As someone who has been working with ISOGEN for 14 years - I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

The bulk of the problems you are having is with your CII Model and your lack of understanding of ISOGEN and its requirements. As Richard Ay has stated - ISOGEN has more rigid modeling requirements than CII.

Start with some simple models - bends and pipe and you will see that it works. Anything that is not part of the pipeline, a restraint or support should be excluded (weightless rigid elements for example). It may help to renumber your model so that you can easily exclude items like this. Basically if you want to use the isogen feature you have to develop your model differently. Don't expect to produce whole system isometrics - break them up until you get more experience.

After a few hours of tweaking the I-Configure environment and a few minutes of model clean up I am able to produce iso's which very closely match the ones we get from PDS. We currently use the PDS import feature in CII and it works very realiably.

#5015 - 03/10/06 01:38 PM Re: About ISOGEN
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I personally am unlikely to give up detailed modeling all for the mere satisfaction of gaining a cute little cad ISO ...

If it works fine, if not thats OK I get paid $$$$$$$ for the analysis others get paid for drafting.

John C. Luf

#5016 - 03/10/06 11:29 PM Re: About ISOGEN
krish Offline

Loc: India
which autocad version need for generating isogen.

#5017 - 03/12/06 09:24 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Twing Offline

Dear prhawco :
We have used PDS but we are using PDMS.And here we discussed that is the new feature of CAESAR II 5.00,so I can not understand why it's reuslt is deferent from our model.You know,it's not a big system.If there are some messages about error code just like CAESAR II,we can find our mistake,but there is no anything. I think that more help document or examples can help us to learn it.
Thanks for your attention and reply.

#5018 - 06/01/06 07:42 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Stephen Rowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by prhawco:
This is not a push button feature - you will have to do some research and educating if you want to use this properly.

As someone who has been working with ISOGEN for 14 years - I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

The bulk of the problems you are having is with your CII Model and your lack of understanding of ISOGEN and its requirements. As Richard Ay has stated - ISOGEN has more rigid modeling requirements than CII.

Start with some simple models - bends and pipe and you will see that it works. Anything that is not part of the pipeline, a restraint or support should be excluded (weightless rigid elements for example). It may help to renumber your model so that you can easily exclude items like this. Basically if you want to use the isogen feature you have to develop your model differently. Don't expect to produce whole system isometrics - break them up until you get more experience.

After a few hours of tweaking the I-Configure environment and a few minutes of model clean up I am able to produce iso's which very closely match the ones we get from PDS. We currently use the PDS import feature in CII and it works very realiably.

#5019 - 06/01/06 07:46 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Stephen Rowden Offline

Hi,

You mention you have used PDs download. We are planning to download a PDS 3-d model of underground pipe into CII, design the pipe and export to isometric format. Are there any major deal busters on this?

#5020 - 08/03/06 10:06 AM Re: About ISOGEN
nickpan Offline

Loc: Singapore
Dear Mr. Twing, the problem occured for me too. Then i found the slopes in the pipes were playing the trick. It does not generate rigid to rigid connections when there is slopes in the pipe.

What we can do is either break the system to simple parts and then generate or delete the slope and generate

"For Every problem there is a Solution"

#5021 - 09/22/06 09:42 AM Re: About ISOGEN
Twing Offline

Dear Charles,maybe your problem is not as same as mine.If our model is not too complex,we can get the correct ISO drawing,and the slope will be reflected correctly.I have sent my job file to COADE,and I'm waiting for their correct ISO drawing.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics