Topic Options
#48947 - 05/23/12 04:18 PM Request of infos for C-II-Isogen Symbols Customization
lmaimone Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi,

I have been working in the last weeks trying to set-up a procedure to extract Calculation isometric from CAESAR II that are in accordance to my Company's standards.

At the present moment I'm trying to edit the supports symbols that will be used by CAESAR II-Isogen when generating the Isometric drawings.

Infact the 7 symbols (01HG, ANCH, DUCK, GUID, SKID, SPRG, HANG) that are available into the Standar Symbol Lybrary are not sufficient to describe all the variety of Restraints included in CAESAR II Restraints Database (e.g. Y, X, Z, RX, RY, RZ, GUIDE, LIM, XROD; XSNB, etc).

Moreover most of Restraints are linked to a wrong SKEYs...for example a +YROD is linked to a SKEY= DUCT....therefore a tie-Rog shall be represented onto the isometric as a Dummy Leg....

I have therefore created new symbols (new SKEYs) by using the "Symbols Editor"

Now, what I need to know, is how it is possible to assign the new symbols I have created to each of the Restraints that is is possible to use in CAESAR II FEA Model (e.g. Y, X, Z, RX, RY, RZ, GUIDE, LIM, XROD; XSNB, etc).

What I have learnt in the last days is that it is possible to edit manually the pcf file generated by CAESAR II-Isogen...for obvious reasons I would like to know if it is possible to set up CAESAR II-Isogen or CAESAR II so that it will do the job automaticaly without any manual action.

The same thing I would like to do for flanges and valves symbols...infact I have noticed that for what concerns flanges, CAESAR II-Isogen generates always a Blind Flange Symbol independently of the flange tipe inserted into the CAESAR II FEA Model...
....while for what concerns valves, CAESAR II-Isogen generates always a Butt welding flange.

Can anyone give me an advice....is there an editable file where it is defined the correlation between the CAESAR II FEA Models "objects" and the SKEYs used by CAESAR II-Isogen??

If such file does not exist, can anyone address me to who (in Coade/Intergraph) I can involve to do a customization of CAESAR II-Isogen/Caesar in order to do the above actions??

Thanks

Luca

#49579 - 07/03/12 02:34 AM Re: Request of infos for C-II-Isogen Symbols Customization [Re: lmaimone]
danb Offline

Loc: ...
I was looking for the same answers but I didn't find them until now.

Regarding the flanges and valves the only thing you can do is to edit the PCF by using "Replace" command and change FLBL with FLWN and VVBW with VVFL.

Regards,

#49594 - 07/03/12 11:29 AM Re: Request of infos for C-II-Isogen Symbols Customization [Re: lmaimone]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
This is currently being worked on by the Development Group.

#49595 - 07/03/12 12:37 PM Re: Request of infos for C-II-Isogen Symbols Customization [Re: lmaimone]
danb Offline

Loc: ...
Sound that you're really on a good path with all these recent changes.

I must confess that I was somehow frustrated because of import/export issues. Like it or not this is the future. And we have to adapt to new.

Maybe is time for a new wish list, just to see how people see the future of Caesar.

Regards,

#64558 - 10/09/15 12:14 AM Re: Request of infos for C-II-Isogen Symbols Customization [Re: lmaimone]
mac85 Offline

Loc: phil
Still no update regarding this problem?

I am thinking that FFBL and VVBW are default options in isogen conversion since in CII there is no specific input for flange and valve.
so changing the default setting in isogen to FFWN and VVFL might be a possible solution.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics