Topic Options
#4873 - 02/15/06 10:45 AM Old (V4.5) printout
P Massabie Offline

Loc: Toronto Ontario
Hello,

We just update our CII version to 5.0 it is nice and neat but, I would like to get the output printing in the same fashion as V4.5 used to do. I agree that is a great improvement to be able to retouch your outputs in order to fit specific requirements. This shouldn't break with the continuty with previous output reports.
Can you tell me if there is a shortcut to have the reports as V4.5 in V5.0

Regards,

#4874 - 02/15/06 10:54 AM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
P Massabie Offline

Adding to the previous, If the column with si changeable why the row height is not? (I'm talking on the header and not in the body of the report)

#4875 - 02/15/06 12:51 PM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
We are adjusting the reports (especially the headers) now. Hopefully the reports from the first build will be more acceptable.

#4876 - 02/15/06 01:39 PM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
P Massabie Offline

Great, be sure to include something as "Ver pre 5.0" buttom to click and have all as it used to be in the V4.5.

Regards,

#4877 - 02/15/06 01:46 PM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
No that won't happen. The output reports have been completely rewritten, so that they are presented in a "grid control". This allows column resizing and sorting by the user. The old "fixed" reporting method didn't allow this.

#4878 - 02/17/06 06:57 AM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
P Massabie Offline

What I'm trying to say is that the default printout should look like the version 4.5. If any resizing is to be done that is fine, but in order to keep consistency with what it use to be, it would be nice to be able to have a grid that looks loke VER 4.5. I'm not saying go to previous printout but give us the previous appearence.
You have to keep in mind that some reports may have become part of company standards and changes in the reports are affecting these standards.
In the other hand, if you create a template for a report is this template transferable to other machines, without creating the template again?
What I'm trying to say is if can I create a template to be distributed among all CEASAR II users in a project to at least garantee a consistency in the reports.

Regards,

#4879 - 02/17/06 09:20 AM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
Nadia Strikovski Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Since this is a different way of representing the output data, the "new" reports will not look identical to the "old" ones. We do not have much control over the "user configurable" part of it after the user does his changes. However, we made effort for the "standard" reports to deviate as little as possible.

As for the templates being transferable, the answer is "yes", although there is currently no "easy/one button click" way of doing this. All template data is stored in an XML file \System\C2RPTTMPL.XML. Changing it will affect all jobs system-wide. In order to transfer this to a different machine, the entire file will have to be copied. If "the other" machine has other custom templates defined, then some sort of merging will be required. If you are familiar with XML language, then you could manually edit the template file. This import/export capability will be availabe in the next version.

#4880 - 04/02/06 09:40 PM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
Jisoo Park Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
i) Is there anyway changing font types/sizes on the "standard" reports without altering XML tag?

ii) Is it possible to remove (box) border lines around texts on the "starndard" reports?

iii) Custom report template: I cannot change column width as freely as I want. For example, column width for 'Allowable Stresses' takes about 1/3 or paper width (A4) and I cannot seem to be able to reduce it.

iv) How many columns of data can I squeeze in a single page? Say, A4 portrait size.

I am using Win2K SP4, CAESAR II 5.00.2 Build 060301.

#4881 - 04/03/06 09:10 AM Re: Old (V4.5) printout
Nadia Strikovski Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
i) you can not modify the "standard" reports directly; you can create "custom" reports based on any existing ones (or from scratch). Select a load case and report, then go to Options menu -> Custom Reports -> Edit. Check CAESAR II User's Guide, Ch.7: Static Output Processor, Custom Reports section for more details.

ii) not at this time; I'll put it for the next build.

iii) Try to "reset" the templates. Also try typing in the value directly in the "Column Width" field (instead of dragging the border) -- it assumes the number of characters to display.

iv) it depends on the actual data and font size; up to a dozen columns should still give you a reasonable output...

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics