Topic Options
#477 - 10/19/01 04:13 PM Disappointment in reviewing graphical output
Merkurmaniac Offline

Loc: Sugar Land TX USA
I have recently switched to the windows version from the DOS version. One aspect of the output graphics that I have found to be a real problem is the display of the maximum deflections. The problem is that it only shows THE maximum deflection, in the entire model. If I have a large system, with a section of small bore piping that happens to have the highest deflection, I must return to the stone age, and page thru the deflection printouts to find out what the deflections are at any other point of interest in the model, besides the actual maximum deflection, which might be some totally irrelevant point.

Also, when zooming in on a certain section, the program will stil only display the actual ONE maximum deflection, even though it might not be one the screen. What **** !

#478 - 10/19/01 04:27 PM Re: Disappointment in reviewing graphical output
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The graphical display of the "maximum deflections" does start with the system maximum. After that, each time you press [Enter], the system shows the next highest maximum.

If the system is large enough that graphical review in this manner is insufficient, I suggest using the on-screen reports. While on the displacement report, use the <em>binocular</em> icon to bring up a search dialog. This will allow you to search on various quantities. <em>(You can restrict the data in the reports using the [Filter] option. For specific areas of the model, usually the "node filter" is the best choice.)</em>

If this is still inefficient, try using the "\tools\external interfaces\data export wizard", and send the data to MS Access. Once in Access, you can sort, query, and generate reports to your own liking.

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: rich_ay ]

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics