I'm currently deputed to a place where I dont have access to PVElite.
Can you please look at below message (in red) received from one of my superiors and reply back the impact of this problem:

As part of a current project review of existing ASME Section VIII vessel designs, we have identified a potential problem in how PVElite determines the Minimum Design Metal Temperatures (MDMT) for some carbon steels.

In particular, they have misapplied the note (3)(b) to Fig UCS-66 in ASME Section VIII Div 1. This has led to the assigning of material Curve ‘C’ to materials that may only have had a normalizing heat treatment but not been made to fine grain practice (eg addition of grain refining elements to the metal chemistry). An example would be SA266 Grade 4.

In the case of our customer, this wasn’t picked up by the original designers or third party verifiers and they have several vessels that are currently non-code compliant for the low temperature service they are being used in. This is particularly concerning for heavy wall, very high pressure vessels we are dealing with, where the consequences of failure are considerable.

I'm currently doing some vendor drawing review which has been submitted as PVElite output. So I may have to spend more time in checking their MDMT calculations. Hence I request for a reply as early as possible and also advise when this problem will be fixed up.