Topic Options
#40394 - 01/24/11 08:00 AM CAESAR II – MODELING QUERIES
Raam____ Offline

Loc: .....
Dear Sir / Friends,

I have couple of doubts in CAESAR II 5.20 Version software.

1. When I combine two different files an error message appeared in the screen as “ERROR –Units incompatibility with file..\//FILE\FILE”. How to overcome from this Error message and to merge the two files successfully. Please note that one part of file is generated from CADWorx Plant Professional 2010 Version in which the units for pressure & allowable stress values are in bars and MPa respectively. The other part of file is drawn using CAESAR II 5.20 Version software in which the units for pressure and allowable stress values are in KPa. I tried some options as mentioned below to combine the two files, but it did not work out well,

a. Imported the CAESAR II model to CADWORX Plant Professional 2010 Version and then again I Exported to CAESAR II. Found no change in CAESAR II units.

b. Created a new unit file using Tools/ option and applied to the CADWorx Plant Professional 2010 Version file. No change in CAEAR II units.

c. Save as the CAESAR II file and changed the Configuration.

2. While Generating CAESAR II model from CADWorx Plant Professional 2010 Version the node number sequence are in opposite to what I expect. Is it possible to reverse the node numbers order upside down to attach with another file?

Eg.:

10 – 20
20 – 30

In the above node number sequence I need to reverse as like as below, later I may arrange the node numbers as my wish or else any other idea to solve this issue.

30 – 20
20 – 10

3. After I close the list input mode in all files, keyboard short cut keys aren’t working; I must close and reopen the file to reactivate keyboard keys. Please provide me a solution.

4. After including large 10 digit node name (Eg.: SUPPORT-01) in a moderate & big system CAESAR II takes time (at least 45 to 60 sec) to load completely. For a small change made in system also it again reloads from the beginning to end. Is there any way to reduce this delay?

5. Sometimes, with low configuration system graphic effects of pipe color changes from original color into some other color (Eg.: Green) or fade color. It makes difficult to read the material/insulation/size/wall thickness/temperature/pressure from graphic view. Can’t we work with low configuration system with better graphic effects?

Thanks in advance.

#40439 - 01/25/11 09:51 AM Re: CAESAR II – MODELING QUERIES [Re: Raam____]
Raam____ Offline

Loc: .....

I found answers for the above first 2 Questions,

1. Tools/Convert Input to new unit... Then i followed the steps in CAESAR II.

2. There is an option in CADWORX Plant Professional to sequence (select) the node numbers from start to end nodes as we wish.

for other questions i need assistance. Hope i may get answers from one of you.

Thanks & Regards,
Raam

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics