Topic Options
#39722 - 12/23/10 09:53 AM new to caesar and need ur help :)
abuhumaid Offline

Loc: Oman
Good evening every one.
I hope every thing is fine.
I am Mohammed from Oman.

I was searching for tutorials for caesar II and came here, so I registered to benefit from experts here.

I am totally new to Caesar, I know that it is one of the best tools to find stress in the pipes. Where I work we need such software, but unfortunately no one uses it!

So please I need your help in finding tutorials for new beginners, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

#39723 - 12/23/10 12:21 PM Re: new to caesar and need ur help :) [Re: abuhumaid]
CraigB Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
It's really dangerous to try to learn pipe stress analysis on your own. Having said that, the User's Guide and User's Manual that come with the software are a good place to start.

Search this site for posts on EVERYTHING, from the simplest topic on up. Don't bite off too much at first. Get comfortable with the input process and the output format for VERY SMALL problems.

This is not a game. Focus on learning how to model real-world pipe support hardware. Learn how to model vessel connections, particularly nozzle stiffnesses. The goal is to model the piping system as it CAN be built, not simply to create a model that does not have any overstresses.

Most importantly, try to find an experienced engineer in your locality that is familiar with the topic. It is MUCH easier to learn this through face-to-face interaction. It's an immensely complex subject, and usually when someone assigns you work, they have a tight schedule to meet.

#39736 - 12/23/10 10:02 PM Re: new to caesar and need ur help :) [Re: CraigB]
abuhumaid Offline

CraigB:

Thanks a lot, I agree with you that it is difficult to start learning Caesar from scratch, but I have to.
I used other stress analysis software before, I used "ANSYS" and "ALGOR" but for small projects.
I will search this site but some projects here are for skilled users.
I am not sure if any one here in my company uses it, but they know it, so I might find somebody, I am new to the company!

Thanks smile

#39739 - 12/24/10 01:13 AM Re: new to caesar and need ur help :) [Re: abuhumaid]
Shahid Rafiq Offline

Loc: Abu Dhabi UAE
CraigB has given a very nice advice. As he wrote, search for everything but specially search for John Breen's posts on this forum and www.eng-tips.com. Mr. Breen has written brilliant posts for newbies like you (and me in stress analysis). Good luck!!

#39747 - 12/24/10 08:47 PM Re: new to caesar and need ur help :) [Re: Shahid Rafiq]
abuhumaid Offline

Thanks Shahid for the nice forum. It is very usefull not just for Caesar, but for many other software

All the best

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics