Topic Options
#38990 - 11/14/10 02:58 AM adding a new flange or valve in caesar
M.Mohammad Offline

Loc: Japan
Hello Dears,

I want to select some flanges or valves from caesar's database. But there are'nt some of them specialy for high rating. I have found that data base but I couldn't khow how can I change it. Ofcorse I've add a slip on flange in "COADE\CAESAR II 5.00\LIB_M\150' same "FLG-T" and add one paragraph in this address "COADE\CAESAR II 5.00\Spec\150_M" under paragraph related to [023-01] like itself. But caesar couldn't read it.

How can I add a new component in the caesar?
I think it's so important because of modelling faster.

Thanks

#39007 - 11/15/10 03:56 AM Re: adding a new flange or valve in caesar [Re: M.Mohammad]
the_dude Offline

Loc: Singapore
95% of what you need will be in the database. It will be easier and quicker to just find catalogue data (worst case possible), or better yet, consult your procurement department for actual vendor data.

#39010 - 11/15/10 06:42 AM Re: adding a new flange or valve in caesar [Re: the_dude]
M.Mohammad Offline

But there aren't many component for high rating. I want to know how can I adding some them to caesar's catalogue data?

I think we can do it. but I don't know how?

Thanks

#39026 - 11/15/10 11:46 PM Re: adding a new flange or valve in caesar [Re: M.Mohammad]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Here is a quick overview. This text does have quite a few screen captures inserted. Send an e-mail to Tech Support and ask for the complete procedure (with images).

Question: How do I add/edit 600 lb globe valves to the CAESAR II Valve and Flange database?

Answer:

CAESAR II shares a spec structure similar to that of CADWorx – the reference to ratings in the CAESAR II Valve and flange database are actually spec names. These spec names are listed on the third line of the VALVE.HED file located in the current CAESAR II data directory:

To change this to use other specs (such as metric) these names can be edited, being sure to pad all spec names with blanks out to exactly 8 characters, for example:

To more or less permanently switch the spec names, it is preferable to make the changes in the file CADWORX.VHD in the CAESAR II program install directory. That is because every time the CAESAR II configuration program is used to select the CADWORX.VHD valve and flange database, the CADWORX.VHD file in the program directory will be copied over the VALVE.HED file in the current CAESAR II data directory.

The spec selected from the valve/flange database must be located in the SPEC directory (more about that location later), so in this case, that means 600.SPC. The spec 1) points to the location of the pertinent data files (i.e., imperial or metric data file directories), 2) points to the appropriate data file, and 3) defines the nominal pipe size range over which the data applies. Looking at the file 600.SPC, the LibrarySubDirectory is LIB_I, indicating that the units are imperial (the “_I”) and located in the data directories under the LIB_I directory (location to be discussed below):

Likewise, looking for the globe valve entry in the spec, we see that the nominal size range covered by this spec is between 2-inch and 8-inch, and the pertinent data file is GLB_F.600 (DataFileName with DataFileSubDirectory as its extension), located in subdirectory 600 underneath the LIB_I directory:

Looking at the file LIB_I\600\GLB_F.600, we can see properties for the available globe valves. Most important for CAESAR II are the columns for nominal size and actual outside diameter (both used to identify the valve size), and the length and the weight (used to model the CAESAR II rigid element). The other columns are not important for CAESAR II (they used by CADWorx to draw the component):

So additional globe valves can be added to the CAESAR II valve and flange data base by editing the spec and this data file. For example:

Note that if you would prefer to work in metric units (mm and KG), then you should change the entry in VALVE.HED to read 600_M, edit the spec 600_M.SPC, and the data file LIB_M\600\GLB_F.600:

Note that if the user wishes to select a valve with flanges (i.e., adding flanges and gaskets to the valve), data for the gaskets and Raised Face Weld Neck flanges (listed as RFWN in the spec) must also be available for the desired pipe size!!

Now, regarding the location of the SPEC, LIB_I, and LIB_M directories. CAESAR II has been designed to promote sharing of specs and data files with CADWorx Plant, if it is available on the machine upon which CAESAR II is installed. For CAESAR II versions 5.10 and earlier, CAESAR II will look first for the specs and data files in the appropriate CADWorx directories (normally the SPEC, LIB_I, and LIB_M subdirectories of the CADWorx Plant install directory), as defined by the active CADWorx configuration file. If CADWorx Plant is not available on the machine, then it looks in the SPEC, LIB_I, and LIB_M subdirectories of the CAESAR II install directory.

For CAESAR II version 5.20, there are two changes. The first one is that the user now has control (through the CAESAR II configuration) to designate where CAESAR II looks for these files: 1) for both specs and data files in the CAESAR II directories, 2) for the specs in the CAESAR II SPEC directory and the data files in the CADWorx data directories, or 3) for both specs and data files in the CADWorx directories:

The second change for CAESAR II version 5.20 is that the CAESAR II SPEC, LIB_I, and LIB_M directory location has been changed, most likely to just below “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\COADE, Inc\CAESAR II\5.20” (this is the XP directory, for Vista it is named “C:\Program Data\COADE, Inc\CAESAR II\5.20”) or to whatever the user may have changed it to in the “Alternate CAESAR II Distributed Data Path” entry of the Configuration.

#39156 - 11/23/10 08:20 AM Re: adding a new flange or valve in caesar [Re: Richard Ay]
M.Mohammad Offline

Thanks Richard,

But what's the Tech Support E-mail?

#39190 - 11/24/10 10:26 PM Re: adding a new flange or valve in caesar [Re: M.Mohammad]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
"techsupport@coade.com" should still work.

"caesarii@intergraph.com" is the new one for CAESAR II support.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics