Topic Options
#37803 - 09/06/10 10:17 AM Now that CII costs 40% more
SUPERPIPER Offline

Loc: Europe
Can you get round to fixing this bug which has plagued it since year dot.

e.g.:

*the constant re-introduction of deleted restraint numbers.

Thanks

:thumbup:

oh, and the constant revert to case #1 on the API610 processor

Cheers.

#37806 - 09/06/10 08:05 PM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: SUPERPIPER]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Can you please provide more details?

#38034 - 09/22/10 04:19 PM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: Richard Ay]
Michael_Fletcher Offline

Loc: Louisiana, US
Richard,

While I cannot explain the issue with the API610 processor, the reappearing restraint has been an issue for a while. This problem becomes prevalant when trying to troubleshoot overstressed pipe.

When eliminating restraints from an element, we have 2 options: 1) double click the Restraints check box, or 2) manually delete text from the text boxes in the Restraints tab.

The problem occurs when the user attempts to perform operation number 2. While editting the element, all appears as it should be. However, selecting another element and returning to the original element (sometimes) results in parts of the text that was there previously to come back. Sometimes it returns if you focus the attention to another text box; sometimes it only returns when you go to a different element and come back.

Since selecting another element and coming back is an added step that's easy to miss, this mis-entered restraint typically makes it over into the model-checking phase.

Whether the information is actually omitted or not is oftentimes spotty. The rate of encountering the problem makes it unclear what I as the user am doing to cause it (if it is a user workflow issue). Complex restraint setups typically mean it's just a glitch with CAESAR II that I have to live with, rather than try to manually input it myself.

#38042 - 09/22/10 09:10 PM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: Michael_Fletcher]
Richard Ay Offline

Michael,

Thank you for this explanation. This is something we can work with.

#38235 - 10/06/10 08:45 AM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: Richard Ay]
SUPERPIPER Offline

Using CII for a large model at the moment.

More Common Faults:

*Not picking up ALL of the nodes when rotating model using Graphic select. Drives me ******* nuts to have to search 800+ nodes for an un-rotated element.
*Branch error check showing a fail which disappears if you shut-down and then re-open file
*Graphics (hoops) program stuck in the 1990's. very poor rendition of models, especially during zoom/pan
*As always, constant,constant crashes. no matter how small or big model is.

*Just recieved this from H/O:

Quote:
We are running CAESAR for the Mechanical Engineers over here. When Symantec Endpoint loads over Altiris, the CAESAR users can not place flanges in the version 5.1 of the program, but no problems are experienced with the latest version 5.2.

If we manually uninstall and then reinstall the Symantec Endpoint Protection, then everything works in CAESAR 5.1 and 5.2.
At night, Altiris reinstalls Symantec Endpoint Protection – and the users complain that version 5.1 is messing up with the flange placement.
This is driving us nuts – there is no way these programs should interact in this fashion, but we can prove over and over again that this sequence is causing these problems.
So far, CAESAR has been the only licensed program that has odd behavior.

What the above highlights to me as an end user, is just how finicky and unstable a platform the CII program is.

On a personal note, I've FEEL that i have seen very little real development of the CII program, apart from an odd tweak here- or there in the last few years.
Its difficult to to come to the conclusion that the CII program has become a cash cow, especially as the price of it is going through the roof.

Now that we have Intergraph on board and a 40%+ price increase, are we going to see a real development of the platform? i hope so.

And for the record, i've always worn my heart on my sleeve and i believe you guys welcome open critizem, if through discussion. you show that my above opinion is grossly wrong, i'll gladly apolagise.

Best regards,

TJN

Edited by SUPERPIPER (10/06/10 09:24 AM)

#38237 - 10/06/10 09:35 AM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: SUPERPIPER]
Perseus Offline

Loc: Dorset, UK
I agree with the sentiments of TJN.
My own personal gripe is with the graphics. Opening a large model should not be an issue with modern computing.

#41390 - 03/03/11 11:26 AM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: Perseus]
SUPERPIPER Offline

Ok,
So far, with the instalation of 5.3 i have booked 25 hrs to overheads as CII is getting more buggy by the day.

WRC107 is to be patched. (Awaiting)

Now, my animation processor is borked.
Plus, my file crashed.

Honestly. everytime i upgrade CII i regret it. its an awful program and well in need of a complete re-write.

Now, to compound that, my service centre has been zapped by integraph and i have no where to go for services ( that i am aware of yet anyway)

I appreciate this sounds like im a wingebag, but really, its extremely fustrating.

#41406 - 03/03/11 09:23 PM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: SUPERPIPER]
Richard Ay Offline

Trust me, we're frustrated too. Version 5.30 was more heavily tested than any previous version. We had the largest group of "beta testers" ever. Still, no one found the issues with the WRC module (which was a rewrite of the interface, as you suggested).

Regarding the animation module, have your tried switching the video driver from OPENGL to "Windows Basic"? Can you describe the problem? (Version 5.30 was used here in our November seminar, just before the DVD master was generated. There were no issues encountered with the animation module - or any other module in the package.)

What crashed, where? Was there an error diagnostic message?

#41424 - 03/04/11 07:22 AM Re: Now that CII costs 40% more [Re: Richard Ay]
Richard Ay Offline

I've tried to send you an update (hot-fix) for the WRC problem, but it bounced back due to your "corporate security". Can you send an alternate e-mail address to TechSupport?

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics