Hi friends,

I have not perfomed stress analysis for superheater coils connected to header at one end and welded to water wall panel at the other panel, which expands based on its design temp.
Hope my question is understood to every one.

Plese suggest me the proper method of super heater coil analysis.
1)Do i need to model entire header along with coils with necessary sifs to perform the analysis, or do i perform the analysis for the middle and extreme end coils only as suggested by my superiors. Since for the middle coil the expansion value of coil and header is negligible and greater for the extreme end coils.

2) Also i was told to determined the no. of supports required for header along with its location details(i.e;pitch * distance). I was told to provide no of support with a condition that the design load of support not to exceed 1.5 tons. The header is supporetd to waterwall panel by gusset attachment. This load is used for design of support pipe size and gusset thk. Also kindly provide your suggestions in this query.

3) Also do i have to chk the load on support in hdrs alon with link.

4) While modelling a link from steam drum, i consider the radius(id of drum) as rigid and model the stub along with link.
do i need to consider the sif in stub.

I require your useful opinions base on your experience.

Waiting for reply ...