Topic Options
#32084 - 12/18/09 05:22 PM Stress Output - how to make it useful for Structural?
Len Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi,

I'm a structural engineer and not a user of CAESAR-II; yet, I'm trying to transfer Stress Results (Support Reactions) into my Structural Analysis Program.
I would like to see the Support Reactions Output not for Combinations but for each Stress Load Case; these 'segregated' Reactions could be re-combined for as structurally-desirable combination and would help us to achieve two very important results:
1. Get rid of Wind and Seismic components that are included into Stress Output (since these components are superficial and irrelevant for the Structural Input and, as such, lead to serious overdesign of the supporting structure)
2. Have much better chances to correlate Stress Output to the Structural Input more accurately and logically (if and when the method of such correlation will be developed)instead of just blindly taking the absolute maximal value.

QUESTIONS:
1. Does CEASAR-II generate a Notepad-readable file (CII, for example) that would contain all the details of the Input File; particularly - full annotation for the input Stress Load Cases and Combinations?
2. Is it possible for Stress Engineer to run the Analysis not only by Cobinations but also by the singular Load Cases and hence produce the Support-Reactions for each Load Case?

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards,
Len Bogdanov

#32095 - 12/20/09 09:15 PM Re: Stress Output - how to make it useful for Structural? [Re: Len]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Quote:
Does CAESAR-II generate a Notepad-readable file (CII, for example) that would contain all the details of the Input File; particularly - full annotation for the input Stress Load Cases and Combinations?

CAESAR II can create an input echo in text format that contains sufficient data to re-create the input. This only contains the model input, not the load case data (the load case data can only be printed from the output module).

From the Piping Input, pull down the "File" menu and click "Print", then select "Elements". This will give you the full input echo.

Quote:
Is it possible for Stress Engineer to run the Analysis not only by Cobinations but also by the singular Load Cases and hence produce the Support-Reactions for each Load Case?

Yes, but the Stress Engineer must setup these load cases.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics