Topic Options
#31611 - 11/24/09 02:12 AM segregate the stress analysis
M.Mohammad Offline

Loc: Japan
Hi

It is a piping from a convention boiler superheater outlet pipe to steam inlet valve.

As the scope of supply for boiler and turbine is different. Is it possible to limit the supply of superheater pipe in boiler aera to 1 meter from boundary and then the remaining done by us?

In this case is possible to segreate the stress analysis of this piping(critical piping-172bar, 540c)to two parts and each party(boiler and us)due our analysis, considering the exchange of necessary data for forces and moments.Or the stress analysis to be done only by one party.

pleas provide me full details and reasons.

Best regards

#31617 - 11/24/09 08:41 AM Re: segregate the stress analysis [Re: M.Mohammad]
Ibrahim Demir Offline

Loc: Australia
Your problem is contractual rather than technical to discuss here. Scope of suply and analysis terminal point need to be discussed within your company internally, and with the other company if accepted and found logical (you are probably looking for this logical side in the forum). If you ask me yes both are possible and I have done it many times.

Again stress analysis scope must be contractual, otherwise if something goes wrong you can not provide proper documentation to the court. Is this reasonable for your case?

For the stress analysis terminal point, you can either determine a location for the 3 directional stopper (some prefer full anchor) and do the analyses on your scope by adding a couple supports on the other side to watch the behaviour (stresses in the pipe, displacement under the same load cases, and forces on the supports) of the pipe to compare analyses results. If you search this forum you will find very good discussions on the setting of terminal point and supports types may be used, and what to compare.

If both parties agree on the second option, one company can do both side of analysis all together. But watch the code to be used for piping beyond your terminal point. You do not have ability to mix two different codes in a single analysis model.

Next time please search the forum for your question first. You will be surprised for the number of discussions on the same subject. So, you would not wait for the answers.

Hope it helps.

Ibrahim demir

#31632 - 11/24/09 02:02 PM Re: segregate the stress analysis [Re: M.Mohammad]
Sai Kumar K Offline

Loc: Delhi, India
Hi even it is a contractual scope. For engineering point of view this analysis is in your scope. You can, how it is i am explaining you. Just near to the terminal point you must need to consider one anchor/partial anchor support. Now either of one part will submit the forces & moments to the other party based on their schedule. So the other part what to do means, they should be maintain the forces and moments within the range of other party forces and moments.

I think it is clear for you. If not ask me ?

#31641 - 11/24/09 07:36 PM Re: segregate the stress analysis [Re: Sai Kumar K]
Ibrahim Demir Offline

Loc: Australia
The first paragraph of my post above seems a bit weak in the concept (what can you expect from the post after midnight). I tried to say that the scope of supply terminal point and analysis terminal point can be different. They need to be clear in the final contract documents.

Hope it is clear now.

Ibrahim Demir

#31681 - 11/29/09 02:27 AM Re: segregate the stress analysis [Re: Ibrahim Demir]
M.Mohammad Offline

Loc: Japan
Thanke you for your sugestins.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics