Topic Options
#22973 - 12/03/08 03:33 AM Wish list for next version of CAESAR
AdamKt Offline

Loc: Pakistan
Before putting any thing, I would first put that:
CAESAR II is the bread and butter earner for me therefore the suggestions below may please not be taken as complaints.

The suggestions are:

1) I face problems while working with large models.
The problem is that while working on big models, I zoom onto some area of interest. When I modify some element, CAESAR Zooms out to extents automatically. Whereas I wish to keep my focus on the same region for other modifications.
I wish that the zooming to extents may be put in the control of the operator (the stress Analyst).

2) While working with the nozzle Allow ables, I am interested in some particular node(s). The reports I normally consult are the restraint summary report. If a model is big, then CAESAR take long to print all the nodes report. Whereas I am not interested in all the nodes at that time.

I suggest that such facility may be built in CAESAR, so that it can ask for the node(s) of interest and then print the results accordingly.

#22975 - 12/03/08 04:53 AM Re: Wish list for next version of CAESAR [Re: AdamKt]
corne Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
The first suggestion is already implemented:
When you have the model open, go to "Enviroment" in the menu bar-->"Reset view on refresh".

For the second suggestion, use the filter function in the static results section. When you click static results, then use the "Filters" function which is the third menu from the left.

#22978 - 12/03/08 06:01 AM Re: Wish list for next version of CAESAR [Re: corne]
rogerteagle Offline

Loc: uk
does anybody know whether it is possible to open the coordinates list when the 'enter global coordinates' dialgoue box pops up? rather than having to cancel the dialogue box, bring up the list, write down the relevant coordinate and then go through it again. thanks.

#22982 - 12/03/08 07:43 AM Re: Wish list for next version of CAESAR [Re: rogerteagle]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The CAESAR II input doesn't work with actual global coordinates, "delta dimensions are used instead.

The "Enter Global Coodinates" dialog allows you to define the real world coordinates for the starting node of each distinct (separate) section of piping (hopefully there is only one). This is used later in the software when determining elevations for environmental loads.

You can obtain "program generated coordinates" from the LIST facility. These coordinate values will reflect your input in the "Enter Global Coodinates" dialog. You can leave this LIST open and continue working, so you shouldn't have to "write things down".

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics