Topic Options
#22488 - 11/17/08 11:41 PM Some Stress Isometric Issues
RAHUL Undr Stres Offline

Loc: India
Dear All,

I have some problems in stress isometrics function, Can anybody help me regarding this?

1) Some supports in the isometrics are not showing at its location where it is placed in CAESAR II input file. Attach the CAESAR II model for your reference.

2) While generating stress isometrics why so many pcf files are generated?

3) In stress isometrics so many drawing files are generated but they are not showing in sequence, So how client could can judge the continuation of drawing files? Eg. If first drawing contains node nos. from 10-150 then next drawing doesn’t start from 160 node no.

4) Dimensions are not showing at node to node. It shows the complete distance of line. Why this is so, I have even set the dimensioning wizard setup in I-Configure but it also not work.

5) Slopes in the isometric drawing does not show in the full view as if the line is inclined at 45 deg then hatching shows only in some portion not in complete section.

6) Some of the drawings shown “FAIL” written over there at the left hand side at the top corner, Why this is so?

7) In the stress isometrics wherever there is a guide and +Y support, the +Y support is shown by two arrows overlap on one another, Why it is so?

8) Client was asking that can we set the different color for the restraints, pipes and other components in stress isometrics. When they uses existing style all supports are shown in white color. Is there any setting to do this?

Attachments
487-FORSTEAMLINE2.C2 (418 downloads)

#22535 - 11/19/08 07:53 AM Re: Some Stress Isometric Issues [Re: RAHUL Undr Stres]
Jouko Offline

I did not open the model but I try to answer those I can. Normally it is better to mention CAESAR II version in use.

1. It seems that you have a reasonably sized model. CAESAR II starts splitting the model into several PCF files if the model size is increasing. ISOGEN has maximum input line number. If CAESAR II would send too many lines in a PCF file ISOGEN would overflow and would fail. Routin how CAESAR II is splitting the model was/is(?) faulty. It places supports to wrong PCF file from time to time. Sometimes there is a solution that you combine PCF files into one file. There should be some posts on this topic on this forum.

2. See item 1.

3. Drawings from one PCF files are linked together. This is done by ISOGEN. ISOGEN doesn't know of the other files. Where the splits happen is not controllable by the user as far as I know.

4. ISOGEN has some rules how the dimensioning is done. Those rules are based on normal pipe isometric drawing rules. Nodes are not part of a normal isometric.

5. Hidden line is normal with pipe isometrics. In CAESAR II you can rotate the view direction. Look into annotation for stress iso. In some versions this rotation doesn't function correctly.

6. Most probably ISOGEN has received PCF file, which indicates discontinued line. Something is "wrong" with your model. You can find out where the exact point is by making a copy of your model and then starting to delete segments of the line. You might find "discontinuation". I think this can be triggered even the way you have numbered the nodes. Last case that I heard was where a dummy branch in the bend was modelled into "wrong" node.

7. I know that at least the older versions of the system have some problems with the support symbols

8. There is. Most probably your template doesn't have layer system for ISOGEN set up. Please try several of the default styles that are supplied with the program. Some of them have nice colours. Those colours can be changed up to a limit.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics