Topic Options
#2195 - 10/27/04 07:29 AM Problems with the transfer of some attributes between PDS and CAESAR
Martin Offline

Loc: Caracas, Venezuela
Dear sir/madam

I am currently working with the interface between PDS - CAESAR II (Version 4.4) and I have some problems and questions:

1.- I want to transfer fluid density or specific gravity, but I don't know what's the field number and the property card, in the PDS option file, in order to make the transference. For example, in the CAESAR II Technical Reference Manual we have: "The insulation thickness and density should be placed in fields 9 and 10 of the first PROP card", and that's right, but I don't have the same information for the fluid density.

2.- I include a base support in PDS at the mid point of a bend. PDS generates two nodes with the same coordinates, one for the bend and one for the support. Then CAESAR can't connect the support to the correct point and connect it to the initial node.

3.- I configured PDS system in order to generate the CAESAR restraint type indicators, but it doesn't be transferred to CAESAR.

4.- Is possible to transfer the design code from PDS to CAESAR?. I try to do it, but CAESAR never changed the default code ASME B 31.3 when I made the transfer process.

Any response would be appreciated, Thank you

#2196 - 10/27/04 10:48 PM Re: Problems with the transfer of some attributes between PDS and CAESAR
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The PDS interface is continually revised as users attempt to transfer more data into CAESAR II. Depending on which build of Version 4.40 you have, you may or may not have the ability to transfer certain data.

1) The fluid density can be transferred into CAESAR II also. This density value should be placed in field 7 of the first PROP card. The density value should be defined according to the density unit used in the CAESAR II units file, not in terms of specific gravity. (This information can be found in the Technical Reference Manual in the section on "Data Modification Details" of the Intergraph Interface.)

2) Vertical dummy legs are assembled by the interface based on the nodal coordinates. This works fine in Version 4.50.

Horizontal dummy legs are not connnected because the coordinates are based on bottom of pipe instead of the centerline.

3) The transfer of restraint type data has recently been improved in Version 4.50, after the August 2004 build.

4) I'm not sure. Send me a sample neutral file with a code definition other than B31.3 and I'll take a look at it.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics