#2168 - 10/14/04 12:59 AM Problems with Word and the output
Vince69 Offline

Loc: Lyon (France)
Good morning,

Excuse-me for my bad English... :rolleyes:

We have a problem to export the results in Word:

Our computer: Windows XP SP2 and Word 2002 (XP) SP2
Caesar II: 4.50 built 040810

If we select the restraint summary or displacements for example, there is no problem, we can export our results in Word and Save As in a file .doc

If we select the Sorted Stresses in SUS and/or EXP, we can see the file is created but we can't save it. When we click on the button "save as", winword.exe and outp02.exe are out of order.

We have try the solutions find in this forum and in the FAQ concerning Norton and Macro security but without success ?

What can we do more ? Because, we have a lot of calculation notes to write... frown

Best regards

#2169 - 10/14/04 07:22 AM Re: Problems with Word and the output
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The other issues discussed in this forum regarding the MS Word interface are really "access rights" issues. You don't have this problem since you can see the report in Word. Your problem is that Word won't save the file. As far as I know, we haven't seen this issue before.

I'm currently running XP SP1 with Office 2003. I don't have a problem saving the sorted stress report.

Here are a few suggestions:
1) This probably will have no effect, but re-register the "outword.dll" file. From the \start\run box, issue the command "regsvr32 c:\caesar\outword.dll". (Naturally substitute your real path for "c:\caesar".)

2) Before attemting to save the file, scroll the Word window to make sure it all looks ok.

3) Can you try to save the file to a different directory?

#2170 - 10/14/04 07:40 AM Re: Problems with Word and the output
Vince69 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Ay:
1) This probably will have no effect, but re-register the "outword.dll" file. From the \start\run box, issue the command "regsvr32 c:\caesar\outword.dll". (Naturally substitute your real path for "c:\caesar".)
You're right, there is no difference.

Quote:
2) Before attemting to save the file, scroll the Word window to make sure it all looks ok.
It's impossible to scroll or do any action.

Quote:
3) Can you try to save the file to a different directory?
There is no difference in a new directory.

We have find in a log file, this error concerning our problem:
Code:
Application bloquée OUTP02.exe, version 4.45.0.30103, module bloqué hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, adresse de blocage 0x00000000.

Pour plus d'informations, consultez le centre Aide et support à l'adresse http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
It's in French, sorry, I don't know if it's interesting.

Thanks for your answer
Best regards

#2171 - 10/14/04 12:35 PM Re: Problems with Word and the output
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
As I stated above, we haven't seen this issue before. Can you send me your _A and _J files for this job, so I can work with your exact data?

What version of MS Office (Word) are you using?

#2172 - 10/18/04 02:28 AM Re: Problems with Word and the output
Vince69 Offline

Good morning

We have installed the SP3 of office, and we have always the problem frown ...

We are going to use the file .out and open it with word.

We haven't find a solution to our problem. We will see on a next version of CAESAR II or with Office 2003...

Bye and thanks to Richard Ay for his answers

Best regards

#2173 - 10/25/04 10:28 AM Re: Problems with Word and the output
P Massabie Offline

Loc: Toronto Ontario
Hello Vincent:

You can solve this issue in the following way. 1 When you have the report in word format, the buttons from the toolbar are disabled, however the “Save as…” from the File menu is still working. 2. If it is not working you can try the following: From “Edit” menu click Select All or just type “Ctrl+A” then “copy” (Ctrl+C). Open a new instance of MS Word and “paste” (Ctrl+V) in that new document. Everything must be copied Headers and footers inclusive.

I think this may help you

Regards,

Pedro Massabié

#2174 - 11/09/04 02:27 AM Re: Problems with Word and the output
Vince69 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by P Massabie:
Hello Vincent:

You can solve this issue in the following way. 1 When you have the report in word format, the buttons from the toolbar are disabled, however the “Save as…” from the File menu is still working. 2. If it is not working you can try the following: From “Edit” menu click Select All or just type “Ctrl+A” then “copy” (Ctrl+C). Open a new instance of MS Word and “paste” (Ctrl+V) in that new document. Everything must be copied Headers and footers inclusive.

I think this may help you

Regards,

Pedro Massabié
Good morning,

We have try your solution but MS Word is really out of working: We can't do anythinks, copy and paste are impossible, we can't scroll ...

So we are going to use the .out file.

Thanks for your answer

#2175 - 11/09/04 07:59 AM Re: Problems with Word and the output
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
There have been many problems with the Word feature. The fact is that all of them have to do with things that are out of Coades control.

One of the problems appear to are with some the anti-virus software programs. Others because of some other unknown variable.

I have seen two PCs side by side supposedly identically set-up have problems with the report, one PC runs it the other doesn't!!!!

You can always save the data as a text stream using the save as *.out feature.

Bon Chance!

John C. Luf

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics