Topic Options
#21556 - 10/14/08 02:50 PM Duplicating pipe sections...
Fidens Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I’m very new to using CAESAR II, so this may be a trivial question, but I’m really in need of help. Also, I’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but here it goes. I would like to know how to duplicate several pipe sections. Now, I’m NOT asking about the duplicate button (I know that just duplicates the current element) What I’m talking about is SEVERAL different sections. For example, imagine two long pipes, and every few 100 feet there are branches/”arms” coming out of these pipes into other pipes/tanks. These branches are repetitive and I would like to be able to ARRAY or COPY even MIRROR these sections. I hope I’ve been clear, let me know if I wasn’t. I would appreciate any info/help on this matter.

On using CAESAR II Version 5.10

Thank you

#21584 - 10/15/08 11:10 AM Re: Duplicating pipe sections... [Re: Fidens]
C B Smith Offline

Loc: Golden, Colorado
You want to do a "Block Duplication". Information on this is found in the Technical Reference Manual.

Basically you need to go to the Edit/List/Elements spreadsheet form of the input, highlight the rows you want to duplicate (similar to highlighting rows in Excel), and the use the Block Duplicate button (2 blue boxes with a red arrow pointing to a red box). This brings up the Block Duplicate Dialog where you can choose to mirror the section, where the duplicated block is to be inserted, and to change the node numbers. Two clicks on okays and the block is duplicated. For branches you will have to go back to the new branches and change the from node at the tees.

#21591 - 10/15/08 01:22 PM Re: Duplicating pipe sections... [Re: C B Smith]
corne Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
In stead of highlighting the elements in the lists, you can also use the select multiple items arrow in the graphic display and select all necessary items that way.
When copying parts that have to connect to a bend remember that the two bend elements have to be in the elementlist as subsequent elements.

#21647 - 10/17/08 11:49 AM Re: Duplicating pipe sections... [Re: corne]
Fidens Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It takes a little getting used to, but it should work. I really appreciate your responses.

Thank you

#21668 - 10/19/08 08:59 PM Re: Duplicating pipe sections... [Re: Fidens]
sanjay Offline

Loc: Australia
Fiden,

I am also new to CII and had the same question as you.

By hard way (trying to locate in the help/ reference manual/ many trial and errors), I found some roundabout way as suggested by CBS (did not discover graphical multi-selection option). It is not very straightforward way though. Fort example, I was expecting, I would be able to select a "base point" from where to copy and instruct one/ more "destination node/s" to paste (as possible in some other analysis programme). You would finally be able to have some joy though after you understand the node increment definition - I somewhat got a rough feel how it works and managed to do what I wanted.

Just thought of sharing my recent experience with same objective. Good luck.

cheers,

#21687 - 10/20/08 08:16 AM Re: Duplicating pipe sections... [Re: sanjay]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Personally I feel there is much more control using the "block operations" menu of the LIST facility. If you go to the CAESAR II section of this site you can find a number of documents describing various features of the software.

Review this link for details on "block operations".

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics