Topic Options
#21173 - 10/01/08 12:29 AM Modeling issues
Ajay SK Offline

Loc: India

1) Inspite of 3 GHz 504 MB Ram PC, 5.1 Caesar version, just to open save as dialogue box takes 15-30 secs, save command take another 10 secs.
I am not sure if this a normal time or some problem with my PC.

I know this figures are in seconds but when we do full time Stress analysis, it is noticable. Secondly sitting idle and wait for caesar to save, it is irritating.

2) To try some options we do 'save as' and create another file, make changes, run the second model, sometimes Caesar starts running the previous model.
Without knowingly we are in old model and working. Sometimes this is disaster if we do not keep the track of changes, the old model is altered.

3) When we do find node, we come on the particular node number page, from there very commonly I use PG down button, dosen't work because the cursor is not in the from/to box. Why not cursor be in from / to box as default atleast after the find command.

4)Some big caesar models take lot of time to run, we have to wait till the process is complete. The iteration dialog box dominates any other programme and keep hammering in front of you, not allowing to do any other work on PC.
If Caesar would allow I would prefer to work on some other excel or word file and utilize my time till the process is complete.

Regards,

#21179 - 10/01/08 06:52 AM Re: Modeling issues [Re: Ajay SK]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Answers / Suggestions:

1) Start the Piping Input processor, which opens the archive into its component files. Leaving the Input open, use Windows Explorer and navigate to your data directory. See if there is an XML file there for the job you're working on (currently open in the Input). If so, delete this XML file (which CAESAR II will rebuild). See if that resolves the problem.

2) This is the first report of this type of problem. We need more details. When you use "Save As", the "current job" is supposed to be switched to the new name you specify. This is reflected in the title bar of the Main Menu. Watch that and see if you can detect anything amiss.

3) You can have up to 3 windows displayed in the Piping Input (the Spreadsheet, the Graphics, and the List). Each of these supports the "Find" operation, hence the (window) focus doesn't change with the use of this command. The focus should remain where it was before you used "Find".

4) Agreed.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics