Topic Options
#21121 - 09/29/08 03:10 PM AutoPIPE to Caesar II file conversion
Itchy Offline

Loc: n/a
Good Morning All.

I am wondering if many people have used the AutoPIPE tool 'save file to Caesar II neutral file', and if so what your opinions of this function are.

Our complany uses both AutoPIPE and Caesar II, and as there are only a couple of people in the company who can use CAESAR II, the majority of our stressing work is carried out in AutoPIPE. We do have specific clients who want the stressing carried out in Caesar II. Due to the lack of people who work with CAESAR II, often we will complete the stress analysis using Autopipe and then at the end of the project just rebuild the designed piping system in Caesar II.

With the save file to Caesar II neutral file I am in the process of writing a step by step procedure for converting the AutoPIPE files to Caesar II, and I have to say once I open up the AutoPIPE neutral file in Caesar II there seems to be so many items than need to be checked/modified and the model geometry is all over the place and needs to be pasted back together again.

As a pipe stresser I do not like picking up and working on someone elses model unless I have confidence in where the model has come from, and hence I am unsure at this stage as to if it is worth using this convert tool in AutoPIPE or is it easier to rebuild a new model from scratch.

In the end one has to take a leap of faith at some point.

So if anyone has any comments on this function I would be interested to hear them.

Thanks

#21124 - 09/29/08 05:47 PM Re: AutoPIPE to Caesar II file conversion [Re: Itchy]
bom Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Hi Itchy,

I did run to that experience too.. but in other way around, like CaesarII to Autopipe, because client that require autopipe file. Shen doing neutral file conversion (same as you incounter) some declaration are different.. but in calculation it almost have same result.. it will be a question of the credibility of the first whom modeled it, also I am not that confident doing autopipe.. Like the issue of friction which cant define well.. but again, when I was comparing the result.... It is very close.(negligible difference) smile

Regards!

#47801 - 03/16/12 12:46 PM Re: AutoPIPE to Caesar II file conversion [Re: Itchy]
JohnSr Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I have a need to run both Bentley’s AutoPIPE and Intergraph’s CAESAR II for piping stress analysis. My experience is that since they both include a bundled version of Alias’ ISOGEN, AutoPIPE and CAESAR II cannot both be installed and run on the same computer, even at different times. I believe the problem is related to some registry information related to ISOGEN. I now have CAESAR II and AutoPIPE installed on different computers and must switch computers when I need to run the other program.

It is highly desirable to have network versions of both AutoPIPE and CAESAR II each with its own bundled version of ISOGEN available on a single computer.

Is it possible to have these two programs both installed on our network server where either program could be run from my client PC?

I also need to be able to convert/transfer model files among CAESAR II, AutoPIPE, CadWorx and AutoPLANT. Has anyone written a procedure summary for doing that? I have tried .PCF as a common format but have found that a lot is lost in the translation.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

#47803 - 03/16/12 10:31 PM Re: AutoPIPE to Caesar II file conversion [Re: Itchy]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Alias is improving the Isogen installation characteristics, so this (multiple Isogen installation) problem should disappear soon.

#54161 - 04/25/13 10:38 AM Re: AutoPIPE to Caesar II file conversion [Re: Itchy]
Mandeep Singh Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx, USA
Just an update, with the version of Isogen shipping with CAESAR II 2013 R1, you should not have these issues.
Hexagon PPM

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics