Topic Options
#2034 - 08/27/04 07:00 AM ESL error launching Caesar
gfunsch Offline

We are receiving a Fatal Error # 5319 "The appropriate NETHASP ESL is not connected to the NETHASP server. HASP error code = 129"

I have ensured that the ESL is attached and the drivers are installed.

#2035 - 08/27/04 07:32 AM Re: ESL error launching Caesar
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The solution to this depends on what type of ESL you have.

Local (white) ESL
If you have a local ESL and you are receiving network messages, then the software can't see the local key. This could be caused by a number of issues:
  • HASP driver not loaded. If you go to [Start \ Run], browse for \caesar\assidrv\hinstall.exe. Then add "-info" to the command line (without the quotes), and press [Enter]. If you get a driver not loaded message, that is the problem.
  • Has the software ever worked on this workstation? If not, perhaps the parallel port is turned off?
  • Are you sure you have the right ESL?

Network (red) ESL
If you have a NetHASP on your system, then check these items:
  • Check to make sure that the License Manager was installed (using LMSetup.exe) and is running as a service.
  • Check that if a "nethasp.ini" file exists in the \caesar directory, that the IP address of the ESL server is specified correctly.
  • Try using \caesar\assidrv\monitor\monitor.exe to check the License Manager and the ESL. If this utility can't find the ESL, CAESAR II can't either.

#2036 - 08/30/04 07:25 AM Re: ESL error launching Caesar
gfunsch Offline

The parallel port had not been configured as previously told. However, I now receive a "HASP not found" error when logging on to the server and when I run the NETHASP License Manager. I've checked the monitor and it shows 0AA0805A as a key. I'm not familiar with this number. We have a red ESL and I have verified that the nethasp.ini has the correct ip address. If the MAC address has changed, do I need a new authorization code?

#2037 - 08/30/04 07:31 AM Re: ESL error launching Caesar
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
If the NetHASP License Manager can't find the key, then any application software won't find it either.

Quote:
If the MAC address has changed, do I need a new authorization code?
No you don't.

In \caesar\Assidrv\HaspDiag you will find a diagnostic utility "aksdiag.exe". Run this on the server and it will produce a diagnostic output file (.TXT). E-mail me (ray@coade.com) this file and I'll send it off to Alaaddin and ask them what the problem is.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics