Dear All,

Recently I've been doing flange leakage verification by using Caesar II 5.0 flange analysis module. On section material data input for bolt material, there is one parameter which it has to input is bolt allowable stress multiplier. If we check from the Caesar help facility (F1), there is mentioned that from ASME Section VIII Division II Article 4-141 allows for operating loads on bolts to equal two times the standard allowables. In some cases this increase can be by as much as three times the table allowables.

In my analysis by using bolting material of A193 B7 with the allowable stress 172.4 N/sq.mm , the result is fail in operating condition when I input 1 factor for the bolt allowable stress multiplier. If refer to ASME Section VIII Division II Article 4-141 statement above, can I just easily input 2 (...or 3??) factor for the bolt allowable stress multiplier so that my flange analysis result will be safe/passed, or there should be any other consideration before I can input higher than 1 factor?

Please give me a bright point for that.

Thx & Rgds