Topic Options
#17106 - 04/07/08 07:47 AM Dynamic Analysis (Seismic Loads)
Drama Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hello

Yes Richards, actually I work with a collegue that has a good knowledge of Caesar, but unfortunately is working outside during one month. Most of his time he is out of contact. Sporadically I have spoken with him.

So I'm here once again to ask for some help, if it is possible.

I have been studing what you said to me, about seismic loads.
I put some guide supports where I saw some exaggerated motion. And I reset my dynamic inputs too, setting the frequency array spaces (that I called by "Nš of frequencies in the last post) of 100 to 300. I am now visualizing an increment of the frequencies values which in the last post I said that were app. 1,1 Hz and now they are about 12 Hz (still far away of 33 Hz).

Let me tell you that my piping system has 3 colectors (headers pipes) and about 15 connections pipes.

Is it too complex to Caesar? Maybe, I should split it in two piping systems.

Best Regards,
Drama. Hello

Yes Richards, actually I work with a collegue that has a good knowledge of Caesar, but unfortunately is working outside during one month. Most of his time he is out of contact. Sporadically I have spoken with him.

So I'm here once again to ask for some help, if it is possible.

I have been studing what you said to me, about seismic loads.
I put some guide supports where I saw some exaggerated motion. And I reset my dynamic inputs too, setting the frequency array spaces (that I called by "Nš of frequencies in the last post) of 100 to 300. I am now visualizing an increment of the frequencies values which in the last post I said that were app. 1,1 Hz and now they are about 12 Hz (still far away of 33 Hz).

Let me tell you that my piping system has 3 colectors (headers pipes) and about 15 connections pipes.

Is it too complex to Caesar? Maybe, I should split it in two piping systems.

Best Regards,
Drama.

#17108 - 04/07/08 08:44 AM Re: Dynamic Analysis (Seismic Loads) [Re: Drama]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
You should really have someone look at this job. There is a "rule of thumb" that is often considered for the dynamic analysis of piping systems - and that is "Your 1st natural frequency should be above 4 hz for good dynamic performance."

Your job appears to have a hundred or more? Something doesn't seem right - hence my comment for someone to review your job.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics