Topic Options
#14372 - 11/16/07 09:19 PM Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst
machoguy Offline

Loc: Nigeria
Does anyone who could tell me who will be the right people to be assigned in the pipe stress analyst. I was confused if it is dependent or not on what he/she was studying in college. Does all engineering student could be or not?

Adonis Olivar,(Mechanical Engineer)

#14374 - 11/16/07 10:27 PM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: machoguy]
sam Offline

Loc: Maharastra, India
I am sorry for the comment I made in this forum yesterday. Forgive me.

Everyone has right to be what he/she wants to be!

Let's remember Paul Coelho's favourite prayer from Matthew 7:7: "Ask, and what you ask will be given to you. Search, and you will find what you search for. Knock, and the door will open to you.'

regards,

sam

#14377 - 11/18/07 01:41 AM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: sam]
Moorthi Offline

Loc: India
It depend upon the person interest...if u want to be a stress analyst..u can but u require basic knowledge and should have some experience & u should know what the software capable to do & not before assigning for the project. It is not easy for a fresher from college to carryout stress analysis, a freshere requires training (Process, Piping Layout & Stress analysis basics) & need minimum of 1.5 years to assign him in a project. It's my point of view.

#14401 - 11/18/07 06:19 PM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: Moorthi]
bom Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Hi,

Of course all are capable of doing stress analysis.. But the requirements of the code shall be followed and in my own perception the person whose inline to this profession are more competitive in providing the requirement of the code provided that both parties are newcomer. Here in Philippines Universities,for example the difference between the Electronics Engineers from Mechanical Engineers varies several subjects. The subjects that my point of view are a must for a stress engineers are Material Science, Fluid Mechanics, Machine Design, Thermo Dynamics and many others.

It surprises me as a newcomer to read the B31.3 para. 301.1 that a degree of 4 or more years in engineering plus the 5years experience in the design of related pressure piping can qualify. I was wondering if Computer Engineers are same with Mechanical Engineer capability in analyzing provided that both parties to have 5years in the field experience. I never make a “gap of a guide” here, but hey! Is it awesome that the field we studied are equal to those who don’t? I believe that company must be responsible of picking those in this duty…

Not to long ago I talk to our checker in loading data, he said he finish a degree of Hotel and Restaurant Management(HRM)…? And he is a design engineer with experience of 30years. :)I’m happy for him… Well in this aspect a traditional engineering is good but for that year he is still a checker not a consultant!!. My point is if they put people in this field, they will make sure that this people know the ability that can kill there fellow… Many post in this forum that contain warnings like don’t give a monkey a gun “my favorite statement lolz”.

You can always choose:
A: Give a Caesar to a person who know how operates it, but don’t know what his doing? (Giving a gun to child?) or..
B: Give a Caesar to an aware person that he can kill if he will commit a mistake in considering the effect of the system. (Giving a Policeman a gun?)

“To have a person inline with his knowledge means accepting their opinion for better meant of safety and advancement in our field”

Ps: I’m speaking this for our fellow Mechanical Engineer hired as a cook as exchange of our checker! LOLZ

Good Day and Regards!

Edited by bom (11/18/07 08:04 PM)

#14445 - 11/21/07 11:15 AM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: bom]
liam` Offline

Loc: US
CoE with ME? hmmmm

#14452 - 11/21/07 07:47 PM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: sam]
bom Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Many are called but few are choosen...

Regards!

#14456 - 11/22/07 07:49 AM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: bom]
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Many Can Cut but few are surgeons....

John C. Luf

#14460 - 11/22/07 10:49 PM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: John C. Luf]
sam Offline

Loc: Maharastra, India
Luf-Sir,

I admire your wit; what a reply!

When we buy an electronic product, we search for brand like 'Sony' for it's quality!

It is obvious that quality of manpower - both hard (educational/technical) & soft (skills like leadership, motivation, ethical behavoir, fast decision-making etc) matters! Otherwise, our products - the projects we serve will suffer.

regards,

sam

#14465 - 11/23/07 01:22 PM Re: Who are those Pipe Stress Analyst [Re: sam]
Jozm Offline

Loc: Canada
No pain ,No gain...

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics