Topic Options
#13801 - 10/22/07 08:16 AM Vibration Analysis- Pumps
yani Offline

Loc: United Arabs Emirates
Hello Every one,
Does anyone could advise me where I can find materials for performing dynamic analysis? and hoe to input into CAESAR?
we have received a vibration survey from the our client. vibration occured in existing suction and discharge centrifugal water pumps. I have never had a chance to perform such analysis, I would appreciate if someone could help , recommendation, tips on how to perform such analysis.
what data needed for the analysis?
in fact, we have received a vibration survey showing at certain points the velocities and displacement as well as frequncies...any advice on how to input these values into the system, and shall I consider all, or just input wherever is max? a brief explanation would be appreciable.
thanks in advance

#13805 - 10/22/07 09:40 AM Re: Vibration Analysis- Pumps [Re: yani]
Paul Bond Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vibration shouldn't normally happen with centrifigual pumps.

If it's cavitation deal with that directly.

If not, check if the frequencies match the RPM. I've been involved with one centrifigual pump that had vibration problems where the natural frequency of the supporting structure resonated with the pump. Fortuneatly the pump had a VFD so we tuned the pump to not operate at the resonance frequencies.

For reciprocating piping, we normally stiffen the piping AND supporting structure such that the natural frequency is significantly above the run speed. If seen recommendations from 1.2x to 2x and check if it's double acting which sometimes requires exceeding double the run speed.

For resources I think the Caesar manual has good examples and there are dozen's of books on vibrations. And to be honest if it's more complicated than fixing a resonance problem I find a vibration expert to help.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
1 registered (Pavelcz), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics