Topic Options
#13597 - 10/12/07 08:43 AM Version 5.1
Jouko Offline

Version 5.1 is out. I have only tested few areas but there are nice new things. I especially like the import of 3D plant model for checking. It doesn't need to be Cadworx. Laser scan in DWG format seems to work also. Did not try DXF yet. Who ever came up with this idea should get a bonus.

Needs some graphics power. Import worked fine but block operation colour highlight was killing my machine. And the list pop up menu even works now!

Very nice. Thanks.

I assume next week we will start hearing the problems. Before that we are happy.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#13616 - 10/13/07 02:44 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Moorthi Offline

Loc: India
What are all the special features added in CII 5.1. Whether the COADE updated the Technical Manual for Expansion Joint in that ?

#13619 - 10/13/07 05:56 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Moorthi]
Jouko Offline

The list is in one of the manuals. I am not copying it here. Maybe COADE would get upset. The list is not even readable from the CD. You have to install first. :-(( Maybe you can see the updates somewhere on the site.

It doesn't look like they have sorted out the compensator section. Maybe small changes. Provisionally the documentation is not updated to include the new features either. Still looking. I do not think there are too many who are happy happy with the documents. Very expensive to maintain and difficult to keep up to date.

"ERROR could not find the current pointer in the HELP label array. The errant pointer is number: 999". Should not be there but this is happening.

I have had quite a few crashes when modelling problematic model. Possibly something to do with me going too fast and graphics getting into trouble??

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#13620 - 10/13/07 06:40 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
From the home page...
OUSTON, October 5, 2007 - COADE announced today the release of CAESAR II Version 5.10, an updated edition of the world's most widely used pipe stress analysis package. CAESAR II now has faster graphics and reports and improved productivity features such as smoother and more logical input, more configurations for generating ISOGEN stress isometrics, and easier sharing of reports.

CAESAR II Version 5.10 now includes in-line flange analysis that allows flanges to be checked using the equivalent pressure or the NC 3658 method. This makes it easier to pinpoint flanges requiring more detailed review. The latest edition adds new codes, PD8010 Parts 1 and 2, and includes updated stress codes B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, Z662, EN-13480, API-661 and ASCE #7 2005.

"We streamlined CAESAR II's features to increase speed and to make work easier by delivering 40% faster graphics and up to 70% faster report generation," explained Richard Ay, PE, COADE's VP of Software Development for Plant Engineering Solutions. "With these performance enhancements, all types of users should see marked improvements in their productivity."

John C. Luf

#13621 - 10/13/07 07:28 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Quote:
Maybe you can see the updates somewhere on the site.

Yes, from the CAESAR II section there is a link to the CAESAR II Enhancement List.

Quote:
It doesn't look like they have sorted out the compensator section.

Sort out what? An expansion joint is an element with vendor defined stiffnesses.

Quote:
"ERROR could not find the current pointer in the HELP label array.

That shouldn't happen - it means we missed associating help text with a particular field. Exactly where is this?

Quote:
I have had quite a few crashes when modelling problematic model. Possibly something to do with me going too fast and graphics getting into trouble??

Can you send me the model with the steps necessry to produce the crash?

#13622 - 10/13/07 07:58 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Richard Ay]
Jouko Offline

The compensator section has been discussed few times on this forum. Some example has also numbering/orientation issue.

That error message popped up on custom report writing and on static output prosessor after you run any report. I think the form focus is on the report and the report on the bottom of the form has no help and the system doesn't escalate the help request to form level.

The model is there. I sent it for an other reason. I did not associate the crash necessarily to the model. The model is abnormal. If I refreshed the model view and/or did not jump from one place to an other I had no problems that I remember. I will keep an eye on this. If I can find a method of repeating it I will let you know.

Nice new features.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#13671 - 10/17/07 01:55 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
T.N.T Offline

Loc: Singapore
Dear all,

I notice that there are some problems with the "Stress colors by value" and "Stress colors by percent" functions in the Static Output Processor.

I've tried these two functions on different machines. It seems to me that they don't work at all...

Could anyone do a quick check?

Best Regards,
Toan

Edited by T.N.T (10/17/07 01:59 AM)

#13680 - 10/17/07 08:33 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: T.N.T]
Jouko Offline

I cannot get them working.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#13681 - 10/17/07 08:44 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Jouko Offline

Seems to have some other issues also. Crashed twice CAESAR II and no help that I could get working. Looks like 3D plot needs some work. Work in progress?

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#13682 - 10/17/07 08:49 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Jouko]
Loren Brown Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Work in progress, we know about the stress colors by percent and value not working.
Intergraph Process, Power, & Marine
12777 Jones Road, Ste. 480, Houston, TX 77070 USA

#13685 - 10/17/07 09:39 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: Loren Brown]
GGM Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
The undo feature does not work and with frequent crashes save your work lots!

#14439 - 11/21/07 01:10 AM Re: Version 5.1 [Re: GGM]
oaksdarcy Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Some issues I have seen with 5.10:
1)First and fore most! I am also finding this software to be very slow compared to previous versions. I experience numerous crashes throughout a day.I cannot put my finger on a cause, but I think it may be caused by the software being so slow and me getting ahead of it, in the piping input, that is. Majority of crashes occur when I can restraint definitions though.

This has been a major pain in the ass!

2)I have problems assignining global coordinates to a node which was previously defined by the end node of the previous element. Once broken the stalls on the global coordinates input.

3)If you double click on an element in the output proccessor, it no longer identifies it in the element viewer.

Apart from that I see many nice new features.

Regards,
Michael

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics