Topic Options
#13482 - 10/07/07 12:26 PM I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard
JohnSr Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I finally was able to generate an ISO when I learned (thanks Shawn) that the user border drawing must be saved in AutoCAD2000 format. I don't remember seeing this anywhere in the documentation.

But when I generate a stress ISO using my own border, the resulting drawing has my border very small and the ISOGEN generated piping very large. I tried scaling the border to match the piping but that is trial and error. In I-configure there is a Drawing Setup Wizard but it doesn't work for me. I get an error message that "file avviewx.dll is missing". Is the I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard supposed to work in the CAESAR II 5.00.7 (build 070122) version of ISOGEN?

Thanks

#13484 - 10/08/07 12:01 AM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: JohnSr]
Vanman Offline

Loc: JHB South Africa
What I have done in the past is to open up the default border. I then copy & paste my own border into the default border drawing. I use the default border margins etc as a guideline to modify my own border. Saveas a AutoCAD 2000 or 2004 file & bob's my uncle.

#13493 - 10/08/07 07:18 AM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: Vanman]
Naren Offline

Loc: Qatar
The best way i found is to edit A2.dwg located at “\Program Files\Common Files\Alias\I-Configure\Backing Sheets". replace the existing border with your custom border but ensure templete should be properly located at 0,0,0 point.By default CAESAR generates iso with A2 size. if your border size is diffrent go for new style and select desired border size from "drawing size" pull down menu.

#13511 - 10/08/07 11:55 PM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: Naren]
Jouko Offline

I do not use the wizards but to create copy of one of the default styles. Then I create my own border (any size) and save it AutoCAD 2000 version. After this I start I-configure. There are 2 separate tabs. One Overview and the other Detail. On these tabs you will find settings for template name, drawing size, drawing area... Long list of settings including some text positioning etc. Version 5.0 has limitations and not everything works or is not activated. 5.1 is apparently better.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

#14490 - 11/27/07 02:23 AM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: Jouko]
Jeroen Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
If you want to run the Drawing setup wizard in I-Configure and get the error message that the file avviewx.dll is missing, you have to install VoloviewExpress first. This is a freeware product.

Jeroen

#14495 - 11/27/07 09:06 AM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: Jeroen]
Shawn Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Hi Jeroen,

I believe this message is correct, I-Configure will start the Voloview for Drawing setup wizard. I will send you the VoloviewExpress by E-mail.

Regards,

Shawn Zhong
COADE, Inc.

#14496 - 11/27/07 09:41 AM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: Shawn]
David Little Offline

Loc: houston, tx
A quick and dirty way to change backer sheets would be to modify our default backing sheet A2-CHECK.DWG. Be sure and save a copy first in case something goes wrong. You'll need to use I-Configure to make any other changes (like paper size or output folder), but if you just want to swap your logo for ours, this trick will save you some time. As someone mentioned above, be sure and save it in AutoCAD/2004 or earlier format.

In v5.00, the backing sheets are in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Alias\I-Configure\Backing Sheets folder, and in v5.10, they are in C:\Program Files\COADE\CAESAR II 5.10\3rdParty\Alias\I-Configure\Backing Sheets.

#14514 - 11/27/07 11:55 PM Re: I-Configure Drawing Setup Wizard [Re: Jeroen]
Jouko Offline

Autodesk keeps changing their free viewers about every year. The last one is Design Review. Quite nice actually. Should work in this case.

Best is to have AutoCAD or at least access to it. This way you can sort out the border and clean up strerss ISO if needed.

I normally take customer's border as is and set it up for ISOGEN/CAESAR II. Some of the text I enter directly onto the drawing (same for all stress ISO). Changing text is positioned using co-ordinates and setups in ISOGEN. To get correct co-ordinates use LIST command or look at the free software from my site www.jat.co.za. Software is for Cadworx/ISOGEN.

Set up a style for a job and or customer. Save the style with your project.

Read the "hidden" documents that come with CAESAR II installation.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics