Topic Options
#11066 - 05/07/07 08:41 AM WRC-107 Interface Improvement ??
Bryce_V Offline

Loc: Decatur, AL, USA
The WRC-107/297 analysis calculator is a nice tool in Caesar. I just find the interface a bit cumbersome when I'm tweaking/iterating a model to get a nozzle or some other feature to pass. And this is compounded when I've got 3,4,5 or more nozzles that are being affected.

The current interface requires many clicks to re-load the latest values for the forces and moments... plus the lag time waiting for each of the selection screens to come up (our files are on a local network server). Multiply this out by all the nozzles and it takes a bit of time for just "plug and chug" work over and over again.

I was thinking it would be nice to modify the interface on the "Loads Data" tab. Add two fields below each of the three columns. One field to select the relevant file and then the 2nd field to select the relevant load case in that file. The fields would show the field choices made previously so you would know what was chosen for that particular analysis.

Then there could be a "Refresh Load Data" button at the bottom.. so when you pull up an analysis, you could just click the Refresh button, get all the new values entered in and then re-check the results much more quickly and without the repetition of re-choosing all the same data (data file & load cases) over and over again. This may be an insanely complicated thing to program, but boy would it make the end users life easier... and isn't that what all this is about ? (i.e. making my life easier.. har har)

Anyway, does anyone else find this tedious like me? Does anyone else use the WRC-107 calculator? Does anyway else think I'm an ungrateful malcontent who should be glad that I never had to do any of this by hand and I should just shut my trap ?

Thanks for your consideration !

#11070 - 05/07/07 09:30 AM Re: WRC-107 Interface Improvement ?? [Re: Bryce_V]
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
"Anyway, does anyone else find this tedious like me?" Yes but its some of the basis of my pay.

"Does anyone else use the WRC-107 calculator?" Yes

"Does anyway else think I'm an ungrateful malcontent who should be glad that never had to do any of this by hand and I should just shut my trap ?" Maybe some people will (not myself), but factually if you look at this program it has undergone constant improvements and refreshes.... Sometimes the effort has fallen short of the mark (3.24 to 4.0 comes to mind) and other times the changes have been brilliant. But COADE does value comments on improvements.... They may not be able to act upon all of them but I am sure they will read your suggestion.

John C. Luf

#11074 - 05/07/07 12:35 PM Re: WRC-107 Interface Improvement ?? [Re: John C. Luf]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
My first reaction is "yes this is a good idea". I can't promise this for 5.10, but I will add this idea to the development list.

#11079 - 05/07/07 03:01 PM Re: WRC-107 Interface Improvement ?? [Re: Richard Ay]
Bryce_V Offline

Loc: Decatur, AL, USA
Originally Posted By: Richard Ay
My first reaction is "yes this is a good idea". I can't promise this for 5.10, but I will add this idea to the development list.

Thanks for your consideration!

But like John implied, don't make the software too good, I still need a job.

Bryce.

#11437 - 05/28/07 01:53 PM Re: WRC-107 Interface Improvement ?? [Re: Bryce_V]
Rob_II Offline

Loc: Cd. del Carmen Campeche, Méxi...
jajaja

we are two

greetings.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics