Topic Options
#1083 - 06/17/03 02:11 PM TITLE.HED FILE
Edward Klein Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
At the start of a job, the lead stress engineer for a project will typically edit the title.hed file with the specifics for the job title page and then send it to other analysts as they come on board.

This time, I'm going to be the engineer for two different jobs that will be running concurrently and will have different title page information. Is there some way to choose different title.hed files to use, say through some kind of startup command line parameter that I could use to create different startup short cuts?

And, on the subject - are there any plans to make the title page generator into something more robust? For special problems, I usually have to generate a Word document to create a decent report cover. However, for most project problems, we rely on the built in cover page since it remains a part of the input file.

It would be nice for a future version to consider breaking out the title page into a separate input file and include a more robust editor. This is, after all, the first thing most clients are going to see when looking at a Caesar report.

All the world is a Spring

#1084 - 06/17/03 03:05 PM Re: TITLE.HED FILE
Richard Ay Offline

At the moment there is no automated way to switch between different title.hed files. The best suggestion I have is to create multiple files as needed, naming them title1.hed, title2.hed, etc. Then create a batch file to copy the appropriate titleX.hed file into title.hed.

We don't have any current plans to modify the operation of the title page.

#1085 - 06/19/03 07:18 AM Re: TITLE.HED FILE
Bob Zimmerman Offline

Loc: Houston,TX,USA
Edward

For multiple projects I strongly recommend keeping the CII files in separate project folders/directories. In each of these folders you should put the specific title.hed, caesar.cfg, and special units files for the project in addition to the CII files. CII will "grab" the .hed, .cfg, and units from the directory you are working, i.e.projectX, first. If not found CII will go to the CII root dir for the data. This directory setup will also help with the file management aspects of the project.

I guess you are lucky if you only have to work on two projects at once.

Regards,
Bob Zimmerman

#1086 - 06/25/03 04:11 PM Re: TITLE.HED FILE
Edward Klein Offline

Bingo! That did it!

Actually, I've always used separate directories to keep different job files straight. I did not know that CAESAR II would look in that directory when creating a new file for the different support files you mentioned.

I copied my title.hed file to a new job directory that I was starting, and modified it for the new job. When I created a new job file in that directory, it had the correct title page info.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks!

All the world is a Spring

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics