Topic Options
#1020 - 04/28/03 09:57 PM Load Case Editor
Itchy Offline

Loc: n/a
In previous versions of CAESAR II the first force vector (F1) was used for spring hanger preloads and cold spring forces (if any were defined).

In the lastest version/build of CAESAR II I notice that (H) is now used for the spring hanger preload instead of F1.

Is F1 still used for cold spring forces?. (Mind you as I ask this question I realise I could just go into the model and define some cold spring to get an answer to this question).

Is the online help automatically updated as the builds are updated? (My online help still tells me that F1 is used for spring hanger preloads)?

Are there plans in the future to make the load case editor more user friendly or parametric?. When I have set up a model with a number of loads (Often 5 or 6 thermal loads, pressures and displacements) as well as seismic and user loads, etc etc) and defined the load cases I need and then somebody asks for another load case to be added I find I have to almost rebuild all the load cases from scratch as the line references change (ie L3+L4 may have to be change to L6+L6). When I have 50 - 60 lines in the load case editor this can be time consuming - especially when I am having to define code required load cases that CAESAR II does not recommend automatically (ie SUS+OCC, T5-T4, T5-T3 etc).

Thanks

#1021 - 04/29/03 07:09 AM Re: Load Case Editor
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
As of Version 4.40, the vector F1 is now used to represent only concentrated loads. Spring hanger preloads are represented by H, and cold spring is now represented by CS.

The help text is updated for releases. Typically the help text is not updated for a build, unless a mistake is found or a clarification is necessary. With regards to the help text in Version 4.40 for the Static Load Case Editor, if you click on the available load components (region 1 in the figure below), and then press [F1], you should obtain the text as shown in the accompanying window.

Note the text in regions 2 and 3. If you have found someplace where [F1] still refers to hanger preloads or cold spring, please let us know where this is so we can correct it.

As to the load case references needing to be changed when you add or delete load cases, this issue has been noted. Version 4.50 will include a much improved load case editor which will make these corrections to load case references for you.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics